Well, I've just pulled the pin. Today, I called up my local JBLPro dealer and ordered a pair of M2's and a pair of Crown iTech 5000HD amps. They should be here in a week or two. I did this as a result of my recent trip to Los Angeles to attend Titanium Dome's LH Awards function (thanks again TD) which I followed up with a visit to Northridge. There, I was given an extended audition of the M2's in one of Harman's sound rooms. The quick summary is that the M2's impressed me as the finest JBL loudspeakers that I have ever heard, and I have spent considerable time with E2 and various K2's. Don't get me wrong; E2 in particular has the potential to exceed M2 if is coupled to the same level of DSP used in the latter system. However, in their current configurations, M2 has my vote for the most accurate and dynamic loudspeaker wearing a JBL logo.

Consider this the opening post of what will hopefully be an enlightening journey to set up, tune, experiment and ultimately enjoy this state-of-the-art JBL system.

BTW, anyone interested in a slightly used pair of Altec Model 19's?