There's many lists of "best" TTs on the Web. As for this one I have my doubts re validity. Three AT models out of 7 total and those ATs are certainly not the best they have, but I figure price matters in the review.

AT LP 120 best overall?? LOL, I own one and got rid of it, sent it upstairs to replace wife's old TT, put a rubber mat on it plus a low cost AT91 cart (up to 2.5gr) she's happy, and got myself a better LP5 (OK quality, but not great/outstanding). As for the other two ATs from the review they are lower range starter TTs so....

Platter rotation wise LP120 is ok, but it comes with a CHEAP synthetic fiber mat. Tonearm wise its poor since it has too much friction to use any good low tracking force cartridge with it. Reviewer sure didn't try to balance the tonearm with any degree of precision. Not for real Hi-Fi with tonearm and AT95E cart supplied. Globally ok TT for lower cost Direct Drive DJ work VS pricier LP 1240 or Technics SL series.

Since in the review they refer to the famous Technics SL-1200 took pics from a Canadian retailer Web site to get an idea on availability and pricing. The three most expensive Technics (5, 13 and 24K $!) out of six models shown are depleted, not in stock, maybe not even available?? That leaves SL1200GR, SL-1500C and SL-1200 MK7 (DJ), still not very affordable for most, but Technics TT seems to have become a niche product.

BTW seen on another of those Web evaluation sites, this time for cartridges (think it was cartridge review something) I saw AT 95E HIGHLY RECOMMENDED! and mentioned can also put 95EX stylus on it as if it would make cart even better... Well I have both (shown in my BGW thread) and I don't share their view. 95E so so but for $10. more in the US (last seen) you can purchase the little better and ok 95EX, why bother with 95E. Finally, one guy showed on Net his response measurement of 95E and says its flat: notable high end peak and LF roll off, he might need an eye examination... Regards,

Richard

Name:  IMG_1129.jpg
Views: 727
Size:  77.4 KBName:  IMG_1130.jpg
Views: 729
Size:  91.0 KB