Thread: Taking apart / dismantling a 2445-type driver: how to proceed ?

Taking apart / dismantling a 2445-type driver: how to proceed ?

I have one laying around that needs cleaning, removing rust etc. and with which I intend to do some experiments.
    Is it feasible to take it apart (pole plate, core, magnet etc.) and, of course, reasemble it ?

As far as I know you can only remove the back and the diaphragm, should be enough for cleaning.

I'm not certain of this but the phase plug might be glued on. The 2440 are attached that way at 3 points. I'm not sure of this though. Just a guess.

Nick

Quote Originally Posted by Elac310 View Post
    ..Is it feasible to take it apart (pole plate, core, magnet etc.) and, of course, reasemble it ?
    Not in my book.

Having pressed apart, read hydraulic H frame press, a 2241 motor assembly that already had the glue joints broken I believe one would be very hard pressed to get one properly bonded and aligned again even with much more than a residual charge if you took it that far apart.

Now I'm all for experimenting and we use 2445's for door stops and wheel chocks in parking lots here in 'Merica (just kidding) but if you want to save it I would follow Martina's advise.

All the best,
    Barry.
    If we knew what the hell we were doing, we wouldn't call it research would we.

Quote Originally Posted by 1audiohack View Post
    (...)
    Now I'm all for experimenting and we use 2445's for door stops and wheel chocks in parking lots here in 'Merica (just kidding) but if you want to save it I would follow Martina's advise.

All the best,
    Barry.
    Haha. Yes, I know some people around the world manage to make horns and drivers out of all sorts of things...
    And sadly also, some manage to make trash bins and organic fliud receptacles out of all sorts of horns and drivers.
    OK, I now know that the parts are heavily glued together.

It would appear that some smart cookies do manage to dismantle their drivers, for instance to mount a bronze throat inside, as here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rE029iX1TU4

Quote Originally Posted by Elac310 View Post
    It would appear that some smart cookies do manage to dismantle their drivers, for instance to mount a bronze throat inside, as here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rE029iX1TU4
    please note from that video there is no magnet element during assembly. They probably reggauss after the whole assembly process...

(always thinking change in reluctance is one factor that affects the magnet stability...)

I have done it with a pair of 2440. But 2445 is not worth the trouble, use it as an ashtray.

AlNiCo motors are easy to disassemble/assemble by comparison to ferrite motors.
    If we knew what the hell we were doing, we wouldn't call it research would we.

As far as I am aware, the magnets are "charged" after assembly. They can be dismantled but in general, not in the home workshop.

Allan.

Thread Information