Thread: recovering the grilles on ALtec Model 19's

recovering the grilles on ALtec Model 19's

This has been reposted in the DIY forum. Please respond there. Thank You and sorry for the hassle.

Hello, I was wondering if there was anyone that has had experience recovering the grilles for Model 19's. I gave it a shot last night and it didn't go as well as I had hoped. I found some really nice grille cloth but I don't think that it was really suitable for the thickness fo the model 19 grille frame. It wasn't very stretchy or elastic at all. It looks great everywhere except for the corners, It bunches up and looks like, well, it just looks bad. The first corner of the grille goes great and looks great but with each following corner it looks worse and worse. I would appreciate any links to videos or tutorials of how to attack this project or any links to product or types of cloth that anyone knows works well for this type of frame work. Thanks.

...are you using two coats of fully dried liquid contact cement on the frames? ..after the cement has dried the cloth is then tacked down to the frame using a warm iron... any wrinkles can be removed by lifting the cloth from the cement and re-tacking, as necessary.

Maybe a Mod can merge these - but if not, click this link to get to the other thread you want replies in
    --> http://www.audioheritage.org/vbullet...-on-Model-19-s

Quote Originally Posted by catangen View Post
    This has been reposted in the DIY forum. Please respond there.
    Thank You and sorry for the hassle.
    Doesn't seem like such a hassle - good luck with your project ...
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

Thread Information