Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: JBL L220 and JBL LE14A/LE14H/LE14H-1 Variations

Quote Originally Posted by 4313B View Post
    You "collected" some of those things eh?
    doesn't everybody have some dark secret in their past ??

(oh sheet, I even bought some Boze once ... )

thankfully they have new, more appreciative owners ..now
    tho, gotta admit ... the Bolivars weren't terrible.

* LATER: The Radiances got gifted (dumped ?) on me by a "friend" ... looked like someone had barfed on them. (before or after listening ????)
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

Thread: JBL L220 and JBL LE14A/LE14H/LE14H-1 Variations

Quote Originally Posted by SEAWOLF97 View Post
    doesn't everybody have some dark secret in their past ??

(oh sheet, I even bought some Boze once ... )

thankfully they have new, more appreciative owners ..now
    tho, gotta admit ... the Bolivars weren't terrible.
    Okay! now I'm missing something here :/ could you bring some clarity to your response? pleeze!

Quote Originally Posted by dinoboom View Post
    Thank You! I'll do some deep breathing. I didn't read your prior post correctly..amazing price for a pair of 076 tweeters. I'll see if Steve responds. It might be interesting to hear from his corner. Your input and patience greatly appreciated. Sincerely, Ralph
    Not to bum you out but if you check Ebay for completed sales on L220 you'll find the only pair that got a bid in the past 30-days actually went for less than the pairs of tweeters!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/JBL-L220-Ora...p2047675.l2557

They were in my state and even I didn't bid on them. I think being in a large metro area has to help since they're too pricey to ship. Who knows what these prices indicate or if they're even real sales.

Oh and by-the-way, Seawolf and 4313 are carrying on a bit of a side conversation that has nothing to do with your questions. That happens a lot around here. Some think it even adds a bit of interest to some threads. Others hate it. Personally I learn a lot from the side conversations. Just don't take the thread re-direct personally.
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

JBL L220 and JBL LE14A/LE14H/LE14H-1 Variations

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCCA View Post
    Not to bum you out but if you check Ebay for completed sales on L220 you'll find the only pair that got a bid in the past 30-days actually went for less than the pairs of tweeters!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/JBL-L220-Ora...p2047675.l2557

They were in my state and even I didn't bid on them. I think being in a large metro area has to help since they're too pricey to ship. Who knows what these prices indicate or if they're even real sales.

Oh and by-the-way, Seawolf and 4313 are carrying on a bit of a side conversation that has nothing to do with your questions. That happens a lot around here. Some think it even adds a bit of interest to some threads. Others hate it. Personally I learn a lot from the side conversations. Just don't take the thread re-direct personally.
    Thanks for staying on top of this whole thing...All of a sudden L-220's have been appearing more than usual or perhaps I've started a new trend. I take a personal interest in everything I sell on eBay or any place else. The money is nice, but it is not my main incentive. I may bless someone with these L-220's if the right person or situation arises. There's a pair on their now that is close to $2,000.00 at auction and they are not "original" I know cause this seller approached me about a pair of LE14A's, Crossover and Passive radiators that I had initially had in my ad. He found them elsewhere apparently. It stuck me strange at first, but now it all makes sense. I was intending to use those components myself or as an incentive to sell the L-220's. All the components I offered for $250.00 if the buyer bought the L-220's. There is a seller now on ebay that is selling these same components for $495.00. I need to be able to sleep at night and I certainly do not want to make any enemies or create more headaches for the Buyer or myself. I did a search on AudioKarma and I found many Posts that highly praised the L-220's although it wasn't always so. Anything made by JBL appears to be collectable these days. Keep me posted if you'd be so kind. Sincerely, Raffaele

I may bless someone with these L-220's if the right person or situation arises. There's a pair on their now that is close to $2,000.00 at auction and they are not "original" I know cause this seller approached me about a pair of LE14A's, Crossover and Passive radiators that I had initially had in my ad. He found them elsewhere apparently. It stuck me strange at first, but now it all makes sense. I was intending to use those components myself or as an incentive to sell the L-220's. All the components I offered for $250.00 if the buyer bought the L-220's. There is a seller now on ebay that is selling these same components for $495.00. I need to be able to sleep at night and I certainly do not want to make any enemies or create more headaches for the Buyer or myself. I did a search on AudioKarma and I found many Posts that highly praised the L-220's although it wasn't always so.
    It has been common knowledge for quite some time that many JBLs systems are worth more dead than alive. The L7 has a great reputation, despite T-dome's wonderful thread expressing concern over placement issues, and yet they can still be found for well under $500 . . . and sometimes less than half that amount. But check out what the individual drivers tend to bring! It gives someone like me pause to explain why I keep these vintage systems intact. Perhaps it is just to provide a lifetime of replacement parts for myself? Or to pass these icons on to another generation?

One problem with your stated possibility of "blessing" someone with your JBL family members is that you don't give us any idea of where you are in your profile information. For instance, people can easily see that I'm in Virginia. That definitely helps when trying to find buyers or good homes for your large stuff that's a pain the the butt to ship. I've purchased two pair of L7s, one pair of 250Ti, a pair of L150As, L1s, L3s, L20Ts, and a beautiful pair of L96 (from a member here) within my home state simply because they were local and shipping wasn't a consideration. In my small town I've purchased a pair of L7s just three-houses down the road from me and a pair of L80Ts. I traveled for a great deal on some L5s and to obtain my current favorite 4345s but tied those trips in with taking my daughter to college in both cases. I've only ever shipped-in one pair of 4412As and that's because the seller was willing to pack them well and include the shipping in the sub-two-bills price.

I don't know anyone here who pays top-dollar for used stuff. But we all are willing to pay a fair price for quality products and are usually willing to offer a bit of a premium just knowing we're dealing with someone from this list which imparts a bit of camaraderie and a sense of safety and comfort. If you own a pair of L100s and want a grand for them, the buyer isn't likely to come from this group. But if you're unwilling to deal with the vagaries of Ebay policies, fees, and payment foibles, packing, and shipping, and buyers who will lie to rescind payment, and you're truly looking for a good home for your prized possessions, then maybe you should make us an offer. I can almost with certainty tell you you'll get more on Audiogon or Ebay but not without a lot of strife, effort, and angst. My home for wayward JBLs would love to include a local pair of L220s, but not for twice what I paid for a mint-in-box 250Ti pair, or more than I paid for my 4345 clones in Kenrick-built custom black-ash-baffle cabinets.

Best wishes for you in achieving whatever your goal is for your L220s.
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

Greetings from Vermont!
    Thanks so very much for you valuable words and considerations. I did update/include my location and also a photo of the L-220's in the JBL Home speaker gallery.

I'm very thankful and feel privileged to belong to this fine family...

Sincerely, Raffaele

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCCA View Post
    Best wishes for you in achieving whatever your goal is for your L220s.
    I think he want's to sell them. OP can put them on marketplace and see what happens in case anyone has missed this thread. The only speakers are I can cannibalize with a clear conscience are Sansui's, which actually sound better disassembled. It is sad that most speakers are worth more dead (parted out) than alive. Because you live in a beautiful yet isolated place like Vermont, that option must look pretty attractive. If you do decide to ship them intact, try to get some tips on packing first or it will not end well. Big a** foam corners are your friend.

Quote Originally Posted by audiomagnate View Post
    I think he want's to sell them. OP can put them on marketplace and see what happens in case anyone has missed this thread. The only speakers are I can cannibalize with a clear conscience are Sansui's, which actually sound better disassembled. It is sad that most speakers are worth more dead (parted out) than alive. Because you live in a beautiful yet isolated place like Vermont, that option must look pretty attractive. If you do decide to ship them intact, try to get some tips on packing first or it will not end well. Big a** foam corners are your friend.
    Thank YOU! Yes! they are For Sale and are listed in the Gallery. I'm not totally clear on this, but if there is a place to sell them on here?!? I think I placed the JBL L-220's in there. Hope this has done some good and please feel free to advise me in anyway you feel would be helpful? These L-220's are lonely and really need a good home.
    Sincerely, Raffaele

By now I don't think it's really a secret that these are yours: http://www.ebayitem.com/291352012230

Thanks for staying on top of this whole thing...All of a sudden L-220's have been appearing more than usual or perhaps I've started a new trend. I take a personal interest in everything I sell on eBay or any place else. The money is nice, but it is not my main incentive. I may bless someone with these L-220's if the right person or situation arises. There's a pair on their now that is close to $2,000.00 at auction and they are not "original" I know cause this seller approached me about a pair of LE14A's, Crossover and Passive radiators that I had initially had in my ad. He found them elsewhere apparently. It stuck me strange at first, but now it all makes sense. I was intending to use those components myself or as an incentive to sell the L-220's. All the components I offered for $250.00 if the buyer bought the L-220's. There is a seller now on ebay that is selling these same components for $495.00. I need to be able to sleep at night and I certainly do not want to make any enemies or create more headaches for the Buyer or myself. I did a search on AudioKarma and I found many Posts that highly praised the L-220's although it wasn't always so. Anything made by JBL appears to be collectable these days. Keep me posted if you'd be so kind. Sincerely, Raffaele
    That was a good deal if everything was in place?!? Personally I think that is a low ball price for most JBL L-220's that I've seen over the last couple years. What do I know?!? whatever the market will tolerate. Every time i power my L-220's I'm impressed. I have had many speaker systems and listened to many different models and I must say the L-220's are one of my favorites. I like the whole JBL project and what was accomplished..and I'm still learning. I was always impressed when I noticed those silver voice coil caps..at the time it was primary to sound reinforcement. And so on...

So did you ever sort out what was the problem causing the two speakers to sound different from each other, bass and clarity wise? Did the problem follow when you swapped woofers, or was there a problem with the passive radiators or seals?

And what happened with your sale? The link shows you had to pull the auction for some reason.
    When faced with another JBL find, Good mech986 says , JBL Fan mech986 says

Thread Information