Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: JBL L220 and JBL LE14A/LE14H/LE14H-1 Variations

JBL L220 and JBL LE14A/LE14H/LE14H-1 Variations

Quote Originally Posted by Odd View Post
    I make a suggestion for a cheap solution.
    I do not mean A is better than H.
    You want the best you have to go for reconing, or find two LE 14H-1
    Is it a fact that the power handling capacity of the JBL L220's will be cut in half if you replace the LE14H woofers with LE14A's?

Thank You, Ralph

swap them , see if issues moves too.
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

Ralp: How do you know that the basspeaker is the problem? It sounds to me that your only assuming that. You need to make a more thourogh analyze. Change outputs from your amp, move the woofers from one box to the other as seawolf said etc

I had my set of 220's refoamed a few months ago , love the sound when ran off the ma5100 . The bass at low volume was quite surprising. My set had 2 black o ring type gaskets around the woofers, is that the stock gasket ?

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Dome View Post
    The L220 Emperor is Steve Gonzales who used to be a member here. One of his decimated threads is here.

http://www.audioheritage.org/vbullet...highlight=L220

Steve did some amazing work, and his departure from LH was a loss. I will contact him to see if he's open to communicating with you.
    Were you ever able to connect with Steve Gonzales on my behalf and perhaps on the behalf of others. That I may be able to share the information with?

Let me know please either way..

Sincerely, Raffael

JBL L220 and JBL LE14A/LE14H/LE14H-1 Variations **PRIORITY**

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Dome View Post
    The L220 Emperor is Steve Gonzales who used to be a member here. One of his decimated threads is here.

http://www.audioheritage.org/vbullet...highlight=L220

Steve did some amazing work, and his departure from LH was a loss. I will contact him to see if he's open to communicating with you.
    Dear Friend, hope the New Year finds you well. Have you been able to get in touch with Steve Gonzales. I'm still interested in connection with him and I've also been curious what a reasonable price to ask for a decent pair of JBL L-220's?

ANY HELP greatly appreciated!!!

Sincerely, Ralph

Quote Originally Posted by dinoboom View Post
    Dear Friend, hope the New Year finds you well. Have you been able to get in touch with Steve Gonzales. I'm still interested in connection with him and I've also been curious what a reasonable price to ask for a decent pair of JBL L-220's?

ANY HELP greatly appreciated!!!

Sincerely, Ralph
    An update - Steve Gonzales was a member at Audio Karma when he stopped visiting here,
    but I have not seen him at either forum for a number of years.
    I don't know what happened to him - he has not responded to the PM I sent him there over a year ago.

I don't know anything about JBL L220 prices, sorry ...

Sorry ...
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

THANK YOU! sorry to hear about Mr. Gonzales...hopefully he is still with us!?!

Who could you direct me to in regard to the pricing of the JBL L-220's? and the significance of this model overall to the JBL line up?

For some reason I've seen them compared to L300 , 4343, 4344, and others. That apparently the L-220's are not as collectible as a those other models?

Thank you in advance for your care, cooperation and attention to these matters of importance.

Sincerely, Ralph

Obsolete
    http://www.lansingheritage.org/html/...999-prices.htm

That apparently the L-220's are not as collectible as a those other models?
    Back in the day they weren't thought very highly of.
    But those days are over and arguably pretty much anything JBL is collectible at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by 4313B View Post
    arguably pretty much anything JBL is collectible at this point..
    Kewl ....... where did I stash my Radiances & Bolivars ?? ()
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

Obsolete
    Quote Originally Posted by SEAWOLF97 View Post
    Kewl ....... where did I stash my Radiances & Bolivars ?? ()
    You "collected" some of those things eh?

Quote Originally Posted by hjames View Post
    An update - Steve Gonzales was a member at Audio Karma when he stopped visiting here,
    but I have not seen him at either forum for a number of years.
    I don't know what happened to him - he has not responded to the PM I sent him there over a year ago.

I don't know anything about JBL L220 prices, sorry ...

Sorry ...
    Steve is still listed as a member over on AK but his last post was well over five-years ago. You might try his email and PM links there: http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/member.php?u=20047

Historically, the prices of the L220 and L222 have been driven by the value of the cat's-eye tweeters. The last two pairs of 076s listed as sold on Ebay went for nearly $1200/pair, if you believe Ebay's "sold" data.

You can search this site for a decade of opinions on the L220/222. I'd suggest Google Advance search since this site's search function doesn't like JBL model numbers.
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

Thank all you fine audiophiles on here..I do deeply appreciate your time and considerations.

EBay?!? I've seen JBL L-220's on there are high as $4,500.00. Not sure if they were ever sold at that price? From what I've seen in the last year lets says is that the L-220's fetch about $2,000.00 a pair and up. I personally have never heard or seen a pair sell for much less than $1,500 - $1,800.00.

I will try to reach Steve Gonzales and I will try to do an advanced search to see what that may yield? And I will repost anything I find out that is noteworthy.

Any further help or suggestions are always welcomed.

Blessing's from Vermont..."land of the frozen" aka the Green Mountain State..a playground for the rich.

Sincerely, Raffaele

EBay?!? I've seen JBL L-220's on there are high as $4,500.00. Not sure if they were ever sold at that price? From what I've seen in the last year lets says is that the L-220's fetch about $2,000.00 a pair and up. I personally have never heard or seen a pair sell for much less than $1,500 - $1,800.00.
    I'm not sure if this was in response to what I wrote in the previous post but the prices I was quoting was for a pair of the tweeters from an L220/222, only. Just the tweeters.

Not sure why you're so set on contacting Gonzo if all you want is someone to tell you what yours are worth so you can sell them. Put them up for sale and let the marketplace make that decision for you.

Cheers.
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCCA View Post
    I'm not sure if this was in response to what I wrote in the previous post but the prices I was quoting was for a pair of the tweeters from an L220/222, only. Just the tweeters.

Not sure why you're so set on contacting Gonzo if all you want is someone to tell you what yours are worth so you can sell them. Put them up for sale and let the marketplace make that decision for you.

Cheers.
    Thank You! I'll do some deep breathing. I didn't read your prior post correctly..amazing price for a pair of 076 tweeters. I'll see if Steve responds. It might be interesting to hear from his corner. Your input and patience greatly appreciated. Sincerely, Ralph

Thread Information