Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: JBL M2 Master Reference system okay for 2 channel home audio setup? ...

Mctwins
    Name:  DSC_3484.JPG
Views: 3841
Size:  385.4 KB

Name:  DSC_3486.JPG
Views: 2724
Size:  399.6 KB
    Crown Amplifier, you are getting into the world of Pro-Audio

Mctwins
    One more

Name:  DSC_3704-.JPG
Views: 2386
Size:  362.7 KB

Cool photos! Thanks!

Mctwins
    Quote Originally Posted by joeinid View Post
    Cool photos! Thanks!
    Thanks It's Bobeccas system, sounds gooood!!

I would love to use two McIntosh MC452 or four MC601's on the JBL M2 speakers, but I think it would be too much of a problem right now. I know a crossover/processor is available separately, but I am not sure what would be necessary to do it correctly.

Mctwins
    I would love to use two McIntosh MC452 or four MC601's on the JBL M2 speakers, but I think it would be too much of a problem right now. I know a crossover/processor is available separately, but I am not sure what would be necessary to do it correctly.
    You can use McIntosh but you must use BSS Sounds Web London too get the most benefit from the setting to those speakers, or use Crowns.

The settings for those speakers is important.

I will be talking to one dealer during a demo next month about this possibility. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mctwins View Post
    You can use McIntosh but you must use BSS Sounds Web London too get the most benefit from the setting to those speakers, or use Crowns.

The settings for those speakers is important.

Mctwins
    You must hear it with the Crowns, you won't regret it, it's a helava amplifier

Crowns support is superb as well.

I will. This dealer will have it setup and dialed in with the Crown amps. They are in the process of moving to a new (and closer) location to me. I am very much looking forward to hearing the system. He's a pro dealer and seems very willing to make their customers happy.

You must hear it with the Crowns, you won't regret it, it's a helava amplifier

Crowns support is superb as well.

Mctwins
    I will. This dealer will have it setup and dialed in with the Crown amps. They are in the process of moving to a new (and closer) location to me. I am very much looking forward to hearing the system. He's a pro dealer and seems very willing to make their customers happy.
    Nice, you will be in good hands. He will shure explain everything you need to know.

Once you enterd the Pro world there is no turning back.

Hmmmm. Very interesting. I always keep an open mind and I believe you are correct. As long as I can either setup or tweak as necessary without the dealer or with very little
    dealer involvement, I'll be ecstatic.

Nice, you will be in good hands. He will sure explain everything you need to know.

Once you enterd the Pro world there is no turning back.

Mctwins
    Hmmmm. Very interesting. I always keep an open mind and I believe you are correct. As long as I can either setup or tweak as necessary without the dealer or with very little
    dealer involvement, I'll be ecstatic.
    Off course, it is more fun and challenging to exerperiance it by yourself.

You have to keep in mind that the M2 dosen't have any x-over build into the speakers. I was thinking of about your MC452 choice, if you go that route. Horisontal bi-amping is the only way to connect the M2 and use only the BSS DSP, if using other DSP you will have hard time to aligning the M2 to respect to x-over setting and parametric EQ. Two differen't DSP model don't have the same settings for a particular speaker, hope you understand.

You can't vertically bi-amp the M2 using MC452 because you don't have the x-over settings in the MC452 as it is with the Crowns, Crowns splits the x-over freq in the amplifier to bass and tweeter.

If you go with Crowns you will get all the benifit with the settings and allready have build in DSP, so why complicate things. The Crowns have also peak-limiter http://www.crownaudio.com/media/stor...eadme File.pdf, which is a great feature.

I say, You must go with Crowns, but off course, you don't have to listen to me.

Thank you for the information on the Crowns. I know it would be much easier to use the Crown (or Levinson) amps as the package dictates, but I fear the sound will not be "warm" enough for my taste. I will reserve judgement until it hear it for myself on familiar music. I tend to gravitate towards a more musical sound for my home audio and mentally associate pro sound with a more truthful, higher resolution sound. I hope that I love what I hear. The ability to tweak the sound and remove the room via DSP could be amazing. I am excited at the thought.

Mctwins
    Thank you for the information on the Crowns. I know it would be much easier to use the Crown (or Levinson) amps as the package dictates, but I fear the sound will not be "warm" enough for my taste. I will reserve judgement until it hear it for myself on familiar music. I tend to gravitate towards a more musical sound for my home audio and mentally associate pro sound with a more truthful, higher resolution sound. I hope that I love what I hear. The ability to tweak the sound and remove the room via DSP could be amazing. I am excited at the thought.
    About "warm", it has nothing do what kind of amplifier you use, it's about your room acoustics.

I have to correct myself regarding the "You can't vertically bi-amp the M2 using MC452", you can, if you reroute the signal to the MC452 via the BSS.

Something to think about........
    Maybe, the MC452 can handle the differen't load from the speaker but maybe some amplifier can't. Quad 909, for example, can't.
    Last edited by Mctwins; 04-05-2014 at 12:34 AM. Reason: Adding text

I would personally go for the Levinson.
    S4700 owner.

Thread Information