Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: My new JBL 4429

Quote Originally Posted by Mctwins View Post
    How do you see that it is A or B version? Nothing is telling this on my boxes or on the speakers.It say on the box that they are Made in Mexico, very good finish and quality, paint, transducers and so on...Even my 4319 was Made in Mexico..175Nd-3 is used in Array 1000.
    Rev.:B is also can be found in instruction manual.BTW,don't forget to replace speaker shortcut,they say original speaker shortcut is sound killer
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    46 lover

Mctwins
    Quote Originally Posted by martin_wu99 View Post
    Look at the package box,there is rev.:B on it and is made in Mexico,before 2011,4429 is made in U.S.A,is rev.:A
    Thanks for the info. Did not notice this before on my box, tiny letters. This mean that this is the only difference, where it is made of...meaning what

Rev.:B is also can be found in instruction manual.BTW,don't forget to replace speaker shortcut,they say original speaker shortcut is sound killer
    I am running in bi-wire, two seperate singel wire cables, connected at 4Ohms tap on my MC252, don't need or use the terminal jumpers.

443667-002 is the part number for the manual ..revision B
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

Mctwins
    Quote Originally Posted by SEAWOLF97 View Post
    443667-002 is the part number for the manual ..revision B
    I think so too......

Mctwins
    Martin....

Do you have a box that shows rev.A and Made in USA?

Mctwins
    If I am gonna use some terminal jumpers it will be the original from the 4429. Don't need any high-end jumpers. I did have Cardas cables once but these cables sounds as good as Cardas.

Here is the connection from my amp....look inside the amp, the blue and red cable, no high-end at all
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mctwins
    About end....there is high-end, mid-end, low-end and then there is JBL-End and Pro-End.

It's always fun to read members' experience with new JBL products. And the buyer is excited about how they sound.
    But,
    then comes a lot of nonsense from those who have no experience with the product.
    Like, Made in the wrong country. The speaker needs new shortcuts and so on.
    Who will hear the differences in 4 "cable?

Production in low-cost countries is today something found in all kinds of consumer products.

All owners of brand names, are keen to preserve their's reputation.
    I think Harman and most others have good control and a focus on quality control that maintains their brand.

Continue to buy new high quality JBLs, even if they are from China or Mexico.

Too bad many of the new products are not for sale in America.
    Could it be because of import taxes?

JBL document control numbers

Seawolf97 is correct: 443667-002 is the document control number for the owner's manual; the "Rev B" printed in the owner's manual refers to the revision number for the manual. The "Rev B" printed on the box refers to the revision number for the box artwork. Neither refers to the speaker inside. If the speaker was made in Mexico then the box says "Made In Mexico"; if the speaker was made in the USA then the box says "Made In USA". I know this because I'm the person who wrote and illustrated the owner's manuals for the 4429, 4319, 4365, Everest DD67000/DD65000 and the M2.

Gotta ask man, Call me Cheesy! What did they go for in Dollars?

Martin....

Do you have a box that shows rev.A and Made in USA?
    No,i havn't got it,but early 4429 is made in USA indeed
    Again,cables are very important,we often compare cables one by one repeatly, the difference is very big,no one is stupid enough to buy more expensive cables that without any function.
    BTW,tube 300B is very match 4429,such as Audio Notes 300B,just try it
    46 lover

About end....there is high-end, mid-end, low-end and then there is JBL-End and Pro-End.
    It is not about End,it is about hi-fi,mid-fi,low-fi
    46 lover

Mctwins
    Quote Originally Posted by hsosdrum View Post
    Seawolf97 is correct: 443667-002 is the document control number for the owner's manual; the "Rev B" printed in the owner's manual refers to the revision number for the manual. The "Rev B" printed on the box refers to the revision number for the box artwork. Neither refers to the speaker inside. If the speaker was made in Mexico then the box says "Made In Mexico"; if the speaker was made in the USA then the box says "Made In USA". I know this because I'm the person who wrote and illustrated the owner's manuals for the 4429, 4319, 4365, Everest DD67000/DD65000 and the M2.
    Thanks for the info. Nothing is written about rev.A or rev.B on the speakers.

Mctwins
    No,i havn't got it,but early 4429 is made in USA indeed
    Again,cables are very important,we often compare cables one by one repeatly, the difference is very big,no one is stupid enough to buy more expensive cables that without any function.
    BTW,tube 300B is very match 4429,such as Audio Notes 300B,just try it
    I know that you are a High-end guy, but, the only tube amp I'm gonna connect to these speakers is the company who set the standard how a tube amp is performed with low distortion at full rated power is McIntosh.

I know that you are a High-end guy, but, the only tube amp I'm gonna connect to these speakers is the company who set the standard how a tube amp is performed with low distortion at full rated power is McIntosh.
    I'm not a high-end man myselfThere are so many good tube amps such as Carry,ARC,Jadis,Kondo,etc.Mcintosh maybe powerful enough,but not good enough.
    46 lover

Thread Information