Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: My new JBL 4429

Quote Originally Posted by Dave_72 View Post
    Wow, you can order the 4365s direct from the UK site!

http://uk.jbl.com/jbl_product_detail...itor-4365.html
    4429 has two versions A and B
    JBL seems form some fixed combinations such as 175Nd-3+138Nd in 4429,S4600,S4700,S3900
    435AL+045Ti in 1400,4338,4348,but 4365 is a exception
    46 lover

Thanks for pointing that out martin. I'm still surprised that you can order online via the UK site! If I had the money right now, I would be getting a pair of those babies (4365).
    S4700 owner.

Thanks for pointing that out martin. I'm still surprised that you can order online via the UK site! If I had the money right now, I would be getting a pair of those babies (4365).
    I don't need to order on line there are almost every JBL type that available in China except M2
    46 lover

Mctwins
    Hallo!

Thanks all for the kind comments

Yesterday, I play around 25-250Watts on my MC252 for 6 hours and I consider them to be broken in now. I will continue to play loud today as well, it sounds fantastic. I am so pleased with them.

One can order all of the Studio Monitors on Swedish website as well

Mctwins
    Quote Originally Posted by martin_wu99 View Post
    4429 has two versions A and B
    JBL seems form some fixed combinations such as 175Nd-3+138Nd in 4429,S4600,S4700,S3900
    435AL+045Ti in 1400,4338,4348,but 4365 is a exception
    How do you see that it is A or B version? Nothing is telling this on my boxes or on the speakers.

It say on the box that they are Made in Mexico, very good finish and quality, paint, transducers and so on...

Even my 4319 was Made in Mexico..

175Nd-3 is used in Array 1000.

Mctwins
    Congrates
    4429 is very popular in China,i will say,much better than 4428,it has a great balance between performance and price, 25000RMB.
    You'd better to spend some time to run in 4429
    BTW,have you ever heard S3900?
    No, I havent heard the S3900, I have heard Everest, 9800, S4700.

Mctwins
    Blasting as much as I can without clipping the MC252. with bi-wire at 4 Ohm tap.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

I don't need to order on line there are almost every JBL type that available in China except M2
    I understand that, and that's cool...
    S4700 owner.

Quote Originally Posted by Mctwins View Post
    How do you see that it is A or B version? Nothing is telling this on my boxes or on the speakers.

It say on the box that they are Made in Mexico, very good finish and quality, paint, transducers and so on...

Yeah, my S4700s were made in Mexico too. I was a little bit disappointed in this at first, but then I noticed that the quality is there as you have.
    S4700 owner.

Yeah, my S4700s were made in Mexico too. I was a little bit disappointed in this at first, but then I noticed that the quality is there as you have.
    Obviously built to a price-point like most low-end and mid-fi stuff. The quality of parts and the overall design is not to the level of the High End manufacturers you listed. They can come close, but no cigar, imo. Basically JBL-Mexico is good mid fi, or upper mid fi. It's just not high end, imo.

Sound familiar??
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCCA View Post
    Obviously built to a price-point like most low-end and mid-fi stuff. The quality of parts and the overall design is not to the level of the High End manufacturers you listed. They can come close, but no cigar, imo. Basically JBL-Mexico is good mid fi, or upper mid fi. It's just not high end, imo.

Sound familiar??
    I'm not sure I know what you're getting at there. Can you be more specific?

If you're referring to my views on Emotiva, well I stand by what I said, and if I offended anyone, well sorry about that.

I am a subjectivist, and this appears to be a sea of objectivism around here. That's fine, I can handle that.

Anyway, that's it for now...
    S4700 owner.

I'm not sure I know what you're getting at there. Can you be more specific?

If you're referring to my views on Emotiva, well I stand by what I said, and if I offended anyone, well sorry about that.

I am a subjectivist, and this appears to be a sea of objectivism around here. That's fine, I can handle that.

Anyway, that's it for now...
    Well, actually, those were your words used to describe the lack of credibility you assigned to Emotiva products. If "built-to-a-price-point" is criteria for being considered mid-fi, what do you call products from a company which shuts down all manufacturing in the USA and moves production to Mexico even in the face of knowledgeable long-time owners condemnation of the poor quality of said Mexican-made products?

And let's leave the Objectivism discussion to some other forum that will engage in such silliness and political diatribes. Ayn Rand should have shrugged herself. Here it's all about the music and if one product makes one member happy, who are you to tell them they're wrong?
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCCA View Post
    Well, actually, those were your words used to describe the lack of credibility you assigned to Emotiva products. If "built-to-a-price-point" is criteria for being considered mid-fi, what do you call products from a company which shuts down all manufacturing in the USA and moves production to Mexico even in the face of knowledgeable long-time owners condemnation of the poor quality of said Mexican-made products?

And let's leave the Objectivism discussion to some other forum that will engage in such silliness and political diatribes. Ayn Rand should have shrugged herself. Here it's all about the music and if one product makes one member happy, who are you to tell them they're wrong?
    Sure, that's right. However, I know that Emotiva is made in China, but I never attacked them for that or even brought it up. Anyway, yes that probably was the wrong move by Harman. But, to me the quality of my speakers is decent. Could it be better, of course, it can always be better in the grande scheme of things.

I'm not saying anyone's wrong per se. I am just expressing my opinions here, or am I not allowed to do that?

Are we even speaking the same language? I'm very confused here, to be honest.
    S4700 owner.

Are we even speaking the same language? I'm very confused here, to be honest.
    I was simply taking the opportunity to demonstrate the folly of your Emotiva put-down in another thread. Obviously I'm a JBL fan but your dissing of Emotiva saying there's no way they could possibly be as good as name-brands was just silly. Of course they could be. Whether they are, or not, is up to how people perceive them after trying them—your experience included. But you chose to express your disdain in unsubstantiated absolutes.

By the way, Emotiva is dedicated to producing future lines here in USA. Not that that alone would make them rise above your mid-fi bias, but it is something to praise. Apple, too. Maybe it goes to our becoming another third-world country here in our pay gulf between the richest and poorest that our manufacturing costs can be thought of as competitive. But I deal with American-made quality every day when I sell a US-made BMW product, and they've proven the quality is there.

Made in the USA
    The XMC-1 is the first product made in our all-new Nashville, Tennessee Production Center, which allows us exceptional control over every facet of the design and production process for ultimate quality.
    http://shop.emotiva.com/products/xmc-1

Quote Originally Posted by Mctwins View Post

Look at the package box,there is rev.:B on it and is made in Mexico,before 2011,4429 is made in U.S.A,is rev.:A
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    46 lover

Thread Information