Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: My new JBL 4429

(This is not a particularly serious post... more a don’t get hooked on that thought with some logic.)

The problem:
    Am l happy with my new loudspeaker? Yes/No
    How do l resolve my concerns?

The Logic:
    How do you subjectively describe deep bass in a forum post?

What is deep bass and how deep is deep?

If you made reference to a particular track on a known CD then it would be identifiable.
    Assuming this is bass you can feel it will either be felt or not felt?

It could be argued that so called deep bass is not a primary design function of a truly contemporary high fidelity loudspeaker simply because the laws of physics make it impossible without the enclosure being the size of a freezer and the waf would make it not viable.

Therefore it’s no longer a concern.

The Solution
    Leave that problem to the amazing Bob Carver “sub” with a 2700 watt amp because Bob solves real audio problems.

Mctwins
    Hallo!

One thing I have notice is that 4429 needs more power to sing and the bass performance to be good. As other has said, including me, many times that room acoustics plays an important role. I don't have that problem in my room.

If you look at my measurements it goes down to 30-ish or so hertz and modal resonances is minimal in my room. Modal resonances will play funny tricks how the speakers will sound.

I do belive that a singel MC452 is a perfect mach for 4429. One MC275 is to little power.

If this is your final speaker placement as shown in post 113 then you have problems.

When I play music I have deep and tight bass performance with my 4429. My room is +70 square meters and +170 cubic meters of volume. Thank you very much!!Room acoustics treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by Mctwins View Post
    Hallo!

One thing I have notice is that 4429 needs more power to sing and the bass performance to be good. As other has said, including me, many times that room acoustics plays an important role. I don't have that problem in my room.

If you look at my measurements it goes down to 30-ish or so hertz and modal resonances is minimal in my room. Modal resonances will play funny tricks how the speakers will sound.

I do belive that a singel MC452 is a perfect mach for 4429. One MC275 is to little power.

If this is your final speaker placement as shown in post 113 then you have problems.

When I play music I have deep and tight bass performance with my 4429. My room is +70 square meters and +170 cubic meters of volume. Thank you very much!!Room acoustics treatment.
    Is it the 450 W power amp ? If so that should sound great !

I had the opportunity to test a NuPrime MCH-K38 in bridged mode (400 W per channel) on my 4429 and they loved it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Mackenzie View Post
    (This is not a particularly serious post... more a don’t get hooked on that thought with some logic.)

The problem:
    Am l happy with my new loudspeaker? Yes/No
    How do l resolve my concerns?

The Logic:
    How do you subjectively describe deep bass in a forum post?

What is deep bass and how deep is deep?

If you made reference to a particular track on a known CD then it would be identifiable.
    Assuming this is bass you can feel it will either be felt or not felt?

It could be argued that so called deep bass is not a primary design function of a truly contemporary high fidelity loudspeaker simply because the laws of physics make it impossible without the enclosure being the size of a freezer and the waf would make it not viable.

Therefore it’s no longer a concern.

The Solution
    Leave that problem to the amazing Bob Carver “sub” with a 2700 watt amp because Bob solves real audio problems.
    That solution works for me and easily keeps up with the three L300s, four W10GTi/2425 surrounds, and W15GTi. But these will literally shake themselves to death and I had mine repaired twice before putting the amp in its own ventilated cabinet and putting a block off plate on the speaker enclosure.

Thread Information