Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Emotiva xpa gen-2

Good post BMWCCA.

I immediately read their disagreement as a misunderstanding as well.

Peace fellas.

Quote Originally Posted by dino View Post
    Thanks. I want to run a tube preamp with my Emotiva amp. What preamp are you using
    I'm using the monoblocks in my theater setup. So 3 of them are hooked into my Onkyo TX-NR818. The fourth is currently idle waiting on a 5th to arrive.

Congrats on XPA-2 gen 2. Had gen 1 for a while and decided to get XPR-1's. They do sound spectacular (class AB to ~250w and class H to 1000w). The difference was that the mids and highs on XPA-2 gen 1 is more forward whereas XPR-1's are a little more laid back. Holography also seems better with the XPR's.

The new XPA-1 gen 2 monos have 60w class A and AB after that. I'd love to hear them. Also their new fully balanced preamp seems really good, but not a big fan of the look.

Name:  uhFSRSb.jpg
Views: 4139
Size:  53.4 KB

Took this a while back. They sure look better in real life than in the product photos, and luckily it's possible to turn off that horrible blue light. I've also used them a lot with JBL 4343B.

Emotiva is good value imo.

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCCA View Post
    Dino, I, too, was confused by the logic in your first post about sending them back. It sounded like you expected them to fail and I didn't follow the logic, either.

I have the Emotiva XDA-2 and I'm thoroughly enjoying it. I'd not hesitate to try any of their products if the need arose.

Now can we kiss and make-up? I don't see anything Lee said (at first!) that should have angered you, but it quickly escalated in a way I don't think either of you intended or that would have happened had you been face-to-face. Chalk it up to the Internet and go back and edit your posts . . . both of you!
    What I said is Emotiva will give you up to 30days to trial. If you don't like the sound you can send the amp back and receive a full refund but I want to upgrade my xpa-2 to the monoblock within the 30 day trial.

What I said is Emotiva will give you up to 30days to trial. If you don't like the sound you can send the amp back and receive a full refund but I want to upgrade my xpa-2 to the monoblock within the 30 day trial.
    Dick and dear I would never use those words LOL. I have a new amp or toy to audition. If I was was upset or mad believe me I have a sailor mouth which I did receive from the USMC back in the day. But I had something more concerning to do than throw stones at each other's home.

I dropped in at a friends home in Iowa. In his basement he had Gallo speakers in a surround sound setup connected to 2 Emotiva XPR's amps. Very impressive sound - so much so that I am thinking of replacing the old 400 watt amp on my 1400's with the 600 watt Emotiva.

Quote Originally Posted by sweet212 View Post
    I dropped in at a friends home in Iowa. In his basement he had Gallo speakers in a surround sound setup connected to 2 Emotiva XPR's amps. Very impressive sound - so much so that I am thinking of replacing the old 400 watt amp on my 1400's with the 600 watt Emotiva.
    Go for it. I will try to upgrade my xpa within it's 30 day trial so I can get the monoblocks.. I can't believe the sound vs price it's truly unreal

Go for it. I will try to upgrade my xpa within it's 30 day trial so I can get the monoblocks.. I can't believe the sound vs price it's truly unreal
    Being I just received my Emotiva amp Tuesday the sound my amp reproduced make me feel like a big kid on Christmas except this big kid knows the value of money and how this amp can perform vs what I paid for it . I hope everyone on this site has a chance to audition this amp for them self. And come up with their own conclusion. Good or bad

Which monoblocks; they have three of them, the XPA-1, XPA-1L and XPR-1.

Hope you'll check in and tell us about the differences if you go that route

Quote Originally Posted by DingDing View Post
    Which monoblocks; they have three of them, the XPA-1, XPA-1L and XPR-1.

Hope you'll check in and tell us about the differences if you go that route
    Hey. To answer your question I will stay with my xpa-2. My JBL studio monitors are pretty efficient with that said 300 watts per channel is more than enough, any more for me would only be BRAGGING rights.my ultimate system would consist of a tube power amp and a SS power amp which I would bi-amp my speakers for my ultimate sound pleasure

My conclusion on the Emotiva xpa-2 it's a very impressive power amp. And the price is even more ridiculous. I am more than please with xpa-2 performance and it's sound quality. For those who question why would I want a tube power if I am so please with the sound from my amp. To MY ears there is no SS power amp on earth that out perform a tube amp in the MIDRANGE or TWEETER area. Now with that said to MY ears there is no tube power amp that can produce the LOWS of an SS power amp. So when I take both amps and bi-amp them I get the best of both worlds

Does an emotiva amp come with packets of this:

Name:  IMG_4653.jpg
Views: 2286
Size:  109.4 KB

haha just kidding.
    S4700 owner.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave_72 View Post
    Does an emotiva amp come with packets of this:

Name:  IMG_4653.jpg
Views: 2286
Size:  109.4 KB

haha just kidding.
    This is a ALTEC /JBL audio discussion site. Where on this great site we have very knowledgeable more than qualified people to answer any questions on upgrading or custom modify or simply build your altec or JBL to their spec. To use this site to breed hate or any other type of dysfunctional behavior is totally disrespectful for what this site was attended for. PS to be civil my Emotiva came with a five year warranty

This is a ALTEC /JBL audio discussion site. Where on this great site we have very knowledgeable more than qualified people to answer any questions on upgrading or custom modify or simply build your altec or JBL to their spec. To use this site to breed hate or any other type of dysfunctional behavior is totally disrespectful for what this site was attended for. PS to be civil my Emotiva came with a five year warranty
    Again, I was just kidding around. No harm intended. I'm sorry you took it more than what it is, a joke.

The fact of the matter is, is I see "drinking the Kool-Aid" prevalent amongst the Emotiva fan boys. Look, it's not as good or better than the heavy hitters of the high end. It's just not.
    S4700 owner.

The Emotiva Amps are supposed to be pretty good.
    The amps seem to have lots of fans.
    I gather some of the DACs owners are happy.

I tried the Emotiva UMC-1 Pre/Pro back in May 2010 and it was not ready for primeTime.
    Fortunately, they had great customer service and gave me a full refund.

And I bought the used Integra Pre/Pro I am still using today.
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

Thread Information