Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Emotiva xpa gen-2

Emotiva xpa gen-2

Just received my Emotiva xpa-2 today. Wow it was ship double box plus 3 1/2 to 4 inch thick Styrofoam. I thought was nice the amp came wrap up in a black cloth that read Emotive. This thing is heavy the terminals and switches on the back of the unit very nice no cheap terminals. The amp came class A all the way. I don't know how emotive does it. Not knocking off the other companies I am about to mention but I owned paradigms HCA-3500 - Rotel RB-1090 - Nakamichi PA-7 and the list goes on but any way none of the amps I mention came well pack like the Emotive and terminals wasn't as nice. If this amp sound like all the posting on the internet I will send it back within it's 30 days and up grade to the mono blocks. I will let you guys know later how this amp performs and sound

Quote Originally Posted by dino View Post
    Just received my Emotiva xpa-2 today. Wow it was ship double box plus 3 1/2 to 4 inch thick Styrofoam. I thought was nice the amp came wrap up in a black cloth that read Emotive. This thing is heavy the terminals and switches on the back of the unit very nice no cheap terminals. The amp came class A all the way. I don't know how emotive does it. Not knocking off the other companies I am about to mention but I owned paradigms HCA-3500 - Rotel RB-1090 - Nakamichi PA-7 and the list goes on but any way none of the amps I mention came well pack like the Emotive and terminals wasn't as nice. If this amp sound like all the posting on the internet I will send it back within it's 30 days and up grade to the mono blocks. I will let you guys know later how this amp performs and sound
    Here some pic of amp and package
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Main thing is, HOW DOES IT SOUND!
    XPL 200's w DX1, XPL 160's, XPL 140's, L7's, L5's, L3's, L1's Homemade L Center, 4412's, 4406, L60T's, L20T's

Quote Originally Posted by gferrell View Post
    Main thing is, HOW DOES IT SOUND!
    Well I am at a loss for words. What is Emotiva angle to piss off high end very expensive power amp manufacturers or simply blow people's mind and ears with their well built phenomenal power amps. WOW I can't stop smiling it's not even broken in yet. No color sound at all no booming slow bass response nice deep and tight. Stage presence is fabulous. Mids are nice and smooth a little reserve but great. People say JBL speakers are a little bright this amp gives my JBL nothing but sweet music, I can't wait until tomorrow I will definitely crank up the volume. I am on the east coast and it's 11:00 DAMM. Well for now I will wrap it up and say this I do not regret buying my parasound HCA-3500 my rotel rb-1090 my nakamichi PA7 . Because I have a standard I can judge all other amplifiers and this company name Emotiva design and make an unbelievable product. Any one from this site who live in my area are more than welcome to come to my home and listen for your self.

Well I am at a loss for words. What is Emotiva angle to piss off high end very expensive power amp manufacturers or simply blow people's mind and ears with their well built phenomenal power amps. WOW I can't stop smiling it's not even broken in yet. No color sound at all no booming slow bass response nice deep and tight. Stage presence is fabulous. Mids are nice and smooth a little reserve but great. People say JBL speakers are a little bright this amp gives my JBL nothing but sweet music, I can't wait until tomorrow I will definitely crank up the volume. I am on the east coast and it's 11:00 DAMM. Well for now I will wrap it up and say this I do not regret buying my parasound HCA-3500 my rotel rb-1090 my nakamichi PA7 . Because I have a standard I can judge all other amplifiers and this company name Emotiva design and make an unbelievable product. Any one from this site who live in my area are more than welcome to come to my home and listen for your self.
    PS I have 30 day trial if I do not like the amp send it back and will receive a100% refund. Hell I might send this amp back and buy the mono blocks

Great purchase. I have 4 XPA-1 Monoblocks and nothing but good things to say about them Welcome to the 'other' club

Quote Originally Posted by RedCoat23 View Post
    Great purchase. I have 4 XPA-1 Monoblocks and nothing but good things to say about them Welcome to the 'other' club
    Thanks. I want to run a tube preamp with my Emotiva amp. What preamp are you using

If this amp sound like all the posting on the internet I will send it back within it's 30 days...
    I am lost. After reading bad reviews of an amp, you still ordered it and intend to return it if the reviews are true. Trying to understand the logic. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Lee in Montreal View Post
    I am lost. After reading bad reviews of an amp, you still ordered it and intend to return it if the reviews are true. Trying to understand the logic. ;-)
    Put down the bottle

Put down the bottle
    So Dino. What was your rational on that?

So Dino. What was your rational on that?
    I am not a puppet on a string I never follow I lead my self. I don't wait for someone else to tell me some equipment sound good or bad I have my own ears for that. What I find awful funny it is my money I earn it's my money I bought the Emotive xpa-2 power amp but you seem up set when I am so overwhelmed please with my Emotiva XPA-2

I am not a puppet on a string I never follow I lead my self. I don't wait for someone else to tell me some equipment sound good or bad I have my own ears for that. What I find awful funny it is my money I earn it's my money I bought the Emotive xpa-2 power amp but you seem up set when I am so overwhelmed please with my Emotiva XPA-2
    Wow. Any reason for being such a dick my dear? No need to be on the defensive. I only asked a very simple question that could have prompted a simple answer. The paranoid reply wasn't necessary.

Wow. Any reason for being such a dick my dear? No need to be on the defensive. I only asked a very simple question that could have prompted a simple answer. The paranoid reply wasn't necessary.
    It was a simple answer. maybe not the response you wanted to hear. I found a product that's is unbelievable your response - you are confused because EVERYONE else supposedly said negative things about emotiva amps and why did I buy it after everyone said that. Again you read my responce which was very honest and straight to the point. Like I post from the beginning I love the way my Emotiva amp sound compare to my parasound HCA-3500 or rotel rb-1090 or my nakamichi PA7. It's not at all or will never be about YOU. It's about my ears and what pleases ME. I can care less what who said good or bad

I'm hearing sound from my speaker I never heard before or maybe it wasn't detailed enough in the past. I find my self listening to all my cd all over again just to hear what I miss. Well the Emotiva xpa-2 is a remarkable power amplifier I have nothing to gain money wise from Emotiva but I will give you a fair and honest opinion the amp is a beast if you get a chance to listen to one or buy one you be smiling as I am

Dino, I, too, was confused by the logic in your first post about sending them back. It sounded like you expected them to fail and I didn't follow the logic, either.

I have the Emotiva XDA-2 and I'm thoroughly enjoying it. I'd not hesitate to try any of their products if the need arose.

Now can we kiss and make-up? I don't see anything Lee said (at first!) that should have angered you, but it quickly escalated in a way I don't think either of you intended or that would have happened had you been face-to-face. Chalk it up to the Internet and go back and edit your posts . . . both of you!
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

Thread Information