Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Emotiva xpa gen-2

Quote Originally Posted by Dave_72 View Post
    Again, I was just kidding around. No harm intended. I'm sorry you took it more than what it is, a joke.

The fact of the matter is, is I see "drinking the Kool-Aid" prevalent amongst the Emotiva fan boys. Look, it's not as good or better than the heavy hitters of the high end. It's just not.
    That is your opinion . I don't own any audio company nor do I have stock in any of these companies but what I do know Emotiva is a better sounding power amp than a lot of amps on the market. I CAN care less how much an amp cost it's all about the sound so keep spending your money on over price power amps. I love my Emotiva and I sir had my fair share of power amps

Quote Originally Posted by dino View Post
    That is your opinion . I don't own any audio company nor do I have stock in any of these companies but what I do know Emotiva is a better sounding power amp than a lot of amps on the market. I CAN care less how much an amp cost it's all about the sound so keep spending your money on over price power amps. I love my Emotiva and I sir had my fair share of power amps
    Of course it's my opinion. That's why we're here, to debate. Anyway, I wouldn't say a lot of amps, really. What Emotiva really is, is a decent high powered Class A/B solid state amp. Is it enough for most people ie non audiophiles, absolutely. Is it good bang for the buck, definitely. But for those who want the ultimate in sound and musical capabilities ie the sound of real instruments in the room, and the emotions that music brings to the table, it's gonna fall way short. As for overpriced, well sure, that is a problem in the high end is high price....however, however, you get what you pay for in most cases.
    S4700 owner.

Quote Originally Posted by dino View Post
    I CAN care less ......
    NOT to inflame things , but to clarify, (I have no dog in this fight ... )

think about what "I CAN care less" means , phrase is properly used "I CAN't care less"

unless you meant what you wrote
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

The fact of the matter is, is I see "drinking the Kool-Aid" prevalent amongst the Emotiva fan boys. Look, it's not as good or better than the heavy hitters of the high end. It's just not.
    The fact is there are quite a few knowledgeable folk who would disagree with you.
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

Guys

There is no debate.

If someone likes his new kit there is no harm in expressing that.

Unless you can prove you have the same listening skills, are present in the same room at the time of the evaluation I don't think its worthy of conversation.

There have been rule breaker brands in the past Carver and Hafler to name just two.

If anything I think satisfaction needs to stand the test of time.

Xpa - 2

The price $899 - tempting and from the feedback as well... in fact too tempting.
    My XPA arrives tomorrow or Tuesday. My old Phase Linear sounds OK - but unreliable - especially when powering my precious 1400's. Will be interesting to see if 30 years of electronic development makes an audible difference. Keep you posted to what it sounds like.
    Thanks to the one who started this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCCA View Post
    The fact is there are quite a few knowledgeable folk who would disagree with you.
    Fair enough, and in turn there's gonna be quite a few that agree with me. If Emotiva is as good as claimed, why is there so much of it on the used market, and why doesn't everyone and their mother own it?
    S4700 owner.

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCCA View Post
    Fair enough ... If Emotiva is as good as claimed, why is there so much of it on the used market,
    and why doesn't everyone and their mother own it?
    Straw man argument, huh ... thats E A S Y !
    Why doesn't everyone own Crown, or Integra, Marantz, or McIntosh?
    because we all hear things differently, have different audio tastes, and have different budgetary constraints.
    Plus, some folks are more interested in their audio posture when it comes to what gear they buy ...
    as to why its on the used market, some folks live with upgrade-itis ...
    always have to have the latest, greatest thing, or constaintly trading gear to try something else,
    something different ...

Heck, I'm guilty of that one - buying different speakers (KEF) when I have perfectly good JBLs to enjoy!
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

Quote Originally Posted by hjames View Post
    Straw man argument, huh ... thats E A S Y !
    Why doesn't everyone own Crown, or Integra, Marantz, or McIntosh?
    because we all hear things differently, have different audio tastes, and have different budgetary constraints.
    Plus, some folks are more interested in their audio posture when it comes to what gear they buy ...
    as to why its on the used market, some folks live with upgrade-itis ...
    always have to have the latest, greatest thing, or constaintly trading gear to try something else,
    something different ...

Heck, I'm guilty of that one - buying different speakers (KEF) when I have perfectly good JBLs to enjoy!
    True...Emotiva's pretty good stuff actually, it just can't compare to McIntosh, Luxman, Accuphase, and Pass Labs just to name a few. IMO, of course.

I don't believe it was intended to, or designed to.

Now if we're talking Rotel and NAD, then Emotiva probably is just as good or better , imo.

Basically, Emotiva is good mid fi, or upper mid fi. It's just not high end, imo.
    S4700 owner.

True...Emotiva's pretty good stuff actually, it just can't compare to McIntosh, Luxman, Accuphase, and Pass Labs just to name a few. IMO, of course.

I don't believe it was intended to, or designed to.

Now if we're talking Rotel and NAD, then Emotiva probably is just as good or better , imo.

Basically, Emotiva is good mid fi, or upper mid fi. It's just not high end, imo.
    Sure - just like I said, we all have different budgetary concerns ...
    for some folks, that last half-percent or so of fidelity/quality just isn't worth the 10x increase in price ...

YMMV, of course ...
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4

What are you basing your comments on? Have you carefully auditioned each of these amps you are talking about or distilling on line chatter?

I haven't personally heard any Emotiva gear... it may not be as good as the best, but it might be. It is certainly possible that they have a model or two that out shines some individual components from the list of "High End" manufacturers that you seem convinced are superior.

Widget

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Widget View Post
    What are you basing your comments on? Have you carefully auditioned each of these amps you are talking about or distilling on line chatter?

I haven't personally heard any Emotiva gear... it may not be as good as the best, but it might be. It is certainly possible that they have a model or two that out shines some individual components from the list of "High End" manufacturers that you seem convinced are superior.

Widget
    Yes, I have auditioned them. Like I said, good bang for the buck. I don't believe it's possible, since Emotiva is built to a price point like most low end and mid fi stuff. They might, but I highly doubt it. The quality of parts and the overall design is not to the level of the High End manufacturers I listed. They can come close, but no cigar, imo.
    S4700 owner.

Quote Originally Posted by hjames View Post
    Sure - just like I said, we all have different budgetary concerns ...
    for some folks, that last half-percent or so of fidelity/quality just isn't worth the 10x increase in price ...

YMMV, of course ...
    Well, it's more than a last half percent, imo. You can't knock the artistry, engineering, and quality of the better high end amps. They are works of art that enrich your life to the utmost degree. But I see what you're getting at there. Again, for most people, Emotiva fulfills their needs.
    S4700 owner.

Well, it's more than a last half percent, imo. You can't knock the artistry, engineering, and quality of the better high end amps. They are works of art that enrich your life to the utmost degree. But I see what you're getting at there. Again, for most people, Emotiva fulfills their needs.
    'Course I don't any of their gear ...

Thread Information