Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: JBL L300 found! Help me evaluate conditions

JBL L300 found! Help me evaluate conditions

I got offered these L300 locally, I really appreciate if you could help me evaluate the condition of the cabinet and drivers in a scale of 0-10. It seems the the woofers were refoamed glued to the front instead of to the rear, that's right? Are those the right drivers? Thanks!

Congrats on your find. I wish to help, but my eyes hurt from the blurry and shaky pictures.

I'll have to second Lee's statement. Those pictures make it impossible to tell. Get us some good pics of the drivers and cabinets.

I didn't buy it yet, I just got offered to buy it but I didn't see it personally.

I wish I could put some better photos, the photographer has shaky hands it seems.

I mean out of these photos, is there a possibility we can judge the condition? It seems the woofer has not been refoamed correctly. Would this impact in sound?

Quote Originally Posted by otenmsa View Post
    I didn't buy it yet, I just got offered to buy it but I didn't see it personally.

I wish I could put some better photos, the photographer has shaky hands it seems.

I mean out of these photos, is there a possibility we can judge the condition? It seems the woofer has not been refoamed correctly. Would this impact in sound?
    I can't see anything. Difficult to pass judgement. All I could notice was that it's missing the slates on the midrange.

I mean out of these photos, is there a possibility we can judge the condition? It seems the woofer has not been re-foamed correctly. Would this impact in sound?
    Hi otenmsa,

for sure bass-cone suspension is not the original one, neither the appropriated one, but may be T/S parameters would not differ too much in comparison to the JBL spec.
    I can see the lenses (2308 -H91) either, so have to be ordered.

Reagrads
    Ivica

What camera are you using?today even the cheap mobile phone can take clear photo
    46 lover

Quote Originally Posted by martin_wu99 View Post
    What camera are you using?today even the cheap mobile phone can take clear photo
    It doesn't MATTER what camera is being used - this is about the SPEAKERS.
    Apparently the SELLER took the pictures that were provided ...

I just got offered to buy it but I didn't see it personally.

Read carefully now, I don't think the SELLER is reading this conversation ...
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

Where are you located and what is the seller asking?

Your location is listed as RS, I have no idea what or where that is located. Will the seller allow you to view them in person and perhaps remove a few screws? With a sale that will most likely exceed a thousand dollars , you need to thoroughly check what components are in the cabinet , unless the seller will GUARANTEE that they contain the original components. Good Luck and keep us posted!
    JBL 4343, JBL L300 Summit, UREI 811, JBL 4311, JBL 4301, JBL L5, JBL L50, JBL L100 , to name a few

jbl
    Not enough information for me to offer an opinion. You need to ask or see what woofer is installed. The surround isn't the correct type. Was the woofer reconed or just a refoam? (Glued to the front is incorrect) What Midrange, Horn, lens & UFH drivers are installed? Where were the cabinets stored?

According to the seller, all drivers are original and the woofer is a JBL 136A, it has been refoamed but not reconed so he says.

The seller also has a 4333 so he said in case I buy the L300, he could swap the woofers. These are the woofers on the 4333. Again sorry for the shaky photos. It seems to be a JBL 2231A. Seller claims the woofer to be reconed. I asked him now to check what is written on the rear of the cones.

Does this look like a 2235H or 2231H recone?

I'm located in Brazil.
    Quote Originally Posted by wpod View Post
    Your location is listed as RS, I have no idea what or where that is located. Will the seller allow you to view them in person and perhaps remove a few screws? With a sale that will most likely exceed a thousand dollars , you need to thoroughly check what components are in the cabinet , unless the seller will GUARANTEE that they contain the original components. Good Luck and keep us posted!

The seller said on the back of the 2231A cone from the 4333 there's nothing written. Could this be a recone with original JBL kit?

What is wrong with the bass-cone suspension? This look like aftermarket kit?

Quote Originally Posted by ivica View Post
    Hi otenmsa,

for sure bass-cone suspension is not the original one, neither the appropriated one, but may be T/S parameters would not differ too much in comparison to the JBL spec.
    I can see the lenses (2308 -H91) either, so have to be ordered.

Reagrads
    Ivica

Thread Information