Quote Originally Posted by bedrock602 View Post
Early in this thread Deep Purple, Iron Butterfly and Captain Beyond were mentioned. These bands were interesting to me when I was a teenager. Not so much now, pretty mediocre stuff.

But I understand that you need to side with hjames. No problem there. I will not post in your thread any longer.
That makes you ahead of nearly the entire Baby Boomer generation (my generation), who still listen to Classic Rock endlessly. Don't feel the need to ban yourself; do you have a streaming service? Try some of the older suggestions here with which you are not familiar. (MA Recordings, unfortunately, does not stream anywhere, and perhaps Provocateur either.)

My mantra is if you love something find it being done even better by someone else. It's a process for sure and most of the more qualified suggestions here are the result of nearly countless iterations of it. A sixty plus year listening experience like mine is not necessary if one makes a conscious effort to own this process. Most of my fellow Boomers have never done it even once. I can tell from your postings on your threads that you recognize talent (I realize that finding and sharing new talent makes for threads a lot more fun than this one). If you have any desire to, give yourself a chance to be a valuable member of this thread. It just takes time. It can be a year between posts here from anyone because it is not every day - or every year - that one finds music created at this level.

I need to mention that I am not "siding" with Heather, she was "siding" with me; a better way to phrase it, Heather has an experienced and profound understanding of the mission I intend for this thread to accomplish. Blame me if you don't like what she said.