Thread: 4313B's 066 in need of a miracle...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

4313B's 066 in need of a miracle...

Hello there!

I've managed to get a pair of 4313Bs, look nice but the tweeters. They have been paint in black with thick paint and this with a heavy brush... needless to say the dome is glued with the baffle alu part... a nightmare.
    Name:  Black06.jpg
Views: 2944
Size:  116.5 KB
    Seems someone has lost his sanity... Soundwise highs are dull and shy, held.

They can't take the throne now, still used by my 4311. (btw, do 4313B need more power than my 4311 wich can do fine with 30W at moderate level?)
    I decided to remove de paint (don't miss the t, coz the pain is still here), I managed to do it but sadly the dome itself lost its aluminium deposit at the same time.
    Name:  Naked066.jpg
Views: 3520
Size:  94.7 KB

Based on experienced users, is a coating possible? Like a spray or such, even if I guess it's not hardware store mutlipurpose "gray" paint but something more expensive and pro,
    or are they dead and worth hunting for a lovely pair? Before choosing with the "always on loudness" 4311 and these I need to hear what they can do

Many thanks, Matthieu

Do they work as is? If so there is no reason you cant mask off the surface around the dome and go with several light dustings of paint to get the coverage. Remember several light coatings is better than 1 heavy. As for as power requirements go the 4313B and the 4311s have the same requirements. I prefer the 4313Bs hands down!

I'd just run 'em naked. Save the silver paint for when/if you sell them.
    It was likely paint anyway if it came off fairly easily (vs the initial run that
    had vapor deposition Al coating).

Cool

Auto paint shops sell a highly reflective aluminum paint for coating the inside of light housings. I'd try that first if you want the silver look back. Light coats...
    Mike Scott in SJ, CA
    Drive 'em to the Xmax!

Hi fellows, thanks for helping,

Quote Originally Posted by Audiobeer View Post
    Do they work as is? If so there is no reason you cant mask off the surface around the dome and go with several light dustings of paint to get the coverage. Remember several light coatings is better than 1 heavy. As for as power requirements go the 4313B and the 4311s have the same requirements. I prefer the 4313Bs hands down!
    They were working painted black, badly, but they were... they will even better now I've tried them few and mounted on chairs, unfair as the 4311 were on their stands. Anyway, I've planned to live several weeks with one then the other until I set on the one I want to keep, another story, have to fully fix the 4313Bs first.

Quote Originally Posted by grumpy View Post
    I'd just run 'em naked. Save the silver paint for when/if you sell them.
    It was likely paint anyway if it came off fairly easily (vs the initial run that
    had vapor deposition Al coating).
    So they changed the coating proccess? And they sound nice without aluminium "color"... sounds like the aluminium coating is the lipstick for that babe to seduce and then sell more

Quote Originally Posted by 4343 View Post
    Auto paint shops sell a highly reflective aluminum paint for coating the inside of light housings. I'd try that first if you want the silver look back. Light coats...
    Yes I want the look back! I've found that (A+400), need to find a seller now...
    http://www.weicon.com/pages/en/produ...nium-spray.php

I think an effective A/B test would be difficult... the speakers are voiced differently enough
    that it may be productive to audition each at length (as you've suggested), such that your
    ears have time to become accustomed to the "view" provided by each system.

The speakers that are intended to be more "accurate" may or may not be your personal
    preference. Both systems can be quite enjoyable. Have fun with your project and comparison.

Thread Information