Thread: Harman to open consumer store in NYC

Harman to open consumer store in NYC

The CEO was on Fox Business news today. In addition to the new consumer store in NYC, their stock is up 110% this year.

He said, the vast majority of earnings of the company come from car stereo sales. The CEO kept touting the professional market in Radio City Music Hall, and concert halls but I believe they are loosing this market quickly to others, including the French outfit who is supplying a huge percentage of the sound reinforcement applications today. In the last few years, my experience has been that I no longer see JBL sound reinforcement systems as the dominant provider....

..good info!

Meh - we are not their market - does it even matter what they shill from that store?

Quote Originally Posted by robertbartsch View Post
    The CEO was on Fox Business news today. In addition to the new consumer store in NYC, their stock is up 110% this year.

He said, the vast majority of earnings of the company come from car stereo sales. The CEO kept touting the professional market in Radio City Music Hall, and concert halls but I believe they are loosing this market quickly to others, including the French outfit who is supplying a huge percentage of the sound reinforcement applications today. In the last few years, my experience has been that I no longer see JBL sound reinforcement systems as the dominant provider....
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

Meh - we are not their market - does it even matter what they shill from that store?
    Well depends on what's there. I have a pair of Revel Performa 206's and they kick some serious ass for their price. I auditioned the whole line and every one of them is excelent at it's price point and with those WE ARE the market.

Rob
    "I could be arguing in my spare time"

Quote Originally Posted by Robh3606 View Post
    Well depends on what's there.
    looks like the space might be enuff for a large selection -
    When doors open on Nov. 22, the 8,500-square-foot flagship will be just the second brick-and-mortar location for Harman.
    http://www.businessweek.com/articles...rtar-billboard `````````````````````````````````````````````````` ``````` private launch party?
    Word! Stoked to perform at tonight's #HarmanStore Flagship private launch party in NYC. Def visit @JBLAudio for exclusive pics @MiguelUnlimited 2 days ago

https://www.google.com/search?q=Harm...ficial&tbm=nws

The CEO seemed like such a nice guy on TV....Hmm.... Lets ask him if he would please bring back the old cone kits... Ol Jane Harman is trying to get on TV every chance she gets. Since she is no longer in Congress, it a tough sell, however...

Quote Originally Posted by hjames View Post
    Does JBL pro is too expensive to American?
    HIFI fever is very rare in NYC
    46 lover

formerly "the city where imagination takes precedence over fact"
    Quote Originally Posted by martin_wu99 View Post
    HIFI fever is very rare in NYC

I believe hifi to be popular in nyc...

folks like david mancuso (the loft) have been spreading the 1w1m gospel for a long time....

..i lived there for 14 years.... the average apartment size is about 800 square feet.... so 1W is big sound!

Quote Originally Posted by robertbartsch View Post
    ..i lived there for 14 years.... the average apartment size is about 800 square feet.... so 1W is big sound!
    And if that 800 ^2 is all concrete, as are all the buildings where I live, very little power is used before it becomes too loud.
    Knowing how power hungry the Revel Salon2 are, I've often wondered how much or how little power they would need in my current all concrete residence.
    Living in the Land of the Sun

Thread Information