Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DSP and me.

Quote Originally Posted by fpitas View Post
    Another approach to DSP is to have a PC perform the math, split the signals into woofer, tweeter channels etc. if you are multi-amping, and have an outboard multi-channel DAC perform the conversion to analog. A friend uses Jriver for tri-amping and EQ, with a USB connection from his computer to a Steinberg UR824 eight-output DAC. He also uses pos's rePhase software to flatten the phase. It's not the cheapest approach, since the Steinberg is about $700, but one can achieve very good fidelity and a very low noise floor, and it's very flexible.
    Another PC DSP package that I have had good experience with is: Advanced Acourate Digital XO Time Alignment Driver Linearization Walkthrough

Dbx 260

Is the DBX260 still considered a good DSP for home use. I have a chance to pick one up locally and wanted to know if this would be a good choice considering this will be my first adventure into DSP.

I often have the same kind of quandaries about using my minidsp. But I can't find any faults in it other then the digital factor. I try not to be an analog snob.

But hey, fun time is fun time.

Nick

Quote Originally Posted by srm51555 View Post
    Is the DBX260 still considered a good DSP for home use. I have a chance to pick one up locally and wanted to know if this would be a good choice considering this will be my first adventure into DSP.

My take on it is yes. It has been my experience that this little box is seldom the weak link in a system. Perfect, no but damn good and the fact that is fully functional through the front panel is a real nice feature even though the GUI is a bit easier through a PC.

I personally have no experience with any unit that competes with it for the money. That said there is a lot of stuff out there.

All the best,
    Barry.
    If we knew what the hell we were doing, we wouldn't call it research would we.

Thanks for the input. I will be picking it up tomorrow.

Let us know how you like it. I have been using one for a few months for a home theater . Using 2 crown k2's bridged for the bottoms and a k1 for the horns on a 4731x setup. It has worked great for music and movies.

Unfortunately the unit was a DBX Driverack PA. The search continues.

Thread Information