Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Soundcraftsmen

Soundcraftsmen

I bought a Soundcraftsmen G2241 EQ a few months ago and would like to know if there is any up-grades that I could have done to it. I don't have the knowledge do it so, I will need to have someone do it but first I would like to know if there is any up-grades that can be done. And how much the up-grades would help. I'm not to knowledgable to work on electronics I just like too listen to them. BTW is there anyone that has any info. on it?

Don't know if this is worth the effort, or not: http://homerecording.com/bbs/equipme...opamps-263397/
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

Ya, I have read that thread and I thought it sounded like a lot of work. I was just wondering if it makes a big difference in sound. Have you heard of this model of EQ? How far behind technology is it? I'm hoping it's not too far. I mean that most of (if not all is out dated)my stuff is "80's equipment. I'm O.K. with at. I just don't want it to be too far.

It's a decent model albeit with limited range (12dB) and adjustment (octave bands). Just depends on what you're looking for. I've used a lot of Soundcraftsmen EQs over the years and my favorite is the Pro-EQ 44. The controls just work better, have better range (15dB) covers 1/3 octave ranges.
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

Does that last 3db make that much of a difference? I thought it was a 1/3 octave?.

Quote Originally Posted by racinoffrd View Post
    Does that last 3db make that much of a difference? I thought it was a 1/3 octave?.
    Depends on how much EQ you need.
    How many slide controls on each channel? 21 on the third-octave EQs. 10 would be 2/3.

I see! What do you think about the DC4415 EQ? It's another popular EQ. I haven't seen the Pro EQ44 on ebay.

Soundcraftsmen made many versions of very similar EQs with different names, in different colors, with different graphics to match each newer version of their pre-amps, etc. Some were intended as add-ons to other systems or installations and others were matched to other Soundcraftsmen components. It's hard to follow all the different model numbers. Some are tall, some are short, some model numbers were 17-inches wide and others were 19. I've used and have several of them. The Pro-EQ 44 is the best of all of those I own.

What are you trying to accomplish?

I see! What do you think about the DC4415 EQ? It's another popular EQ. I haven't seen the Pro EQ44 on ebay.
    Maybe you need to wait a few weeks or months until one appears again ... patience, grasshopper.
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

I'm just looking for a good quality Soundcraftmen EQ. I'm not sure the one I got is it (G2241). I also have a Pro EQ22. I'm thinking of going back to that one. My G2241 smells like smoke and I don't like that too much. I would really like an EQ with 21 bands but I have not been able to find that. Maybe hjames is right I just need more patience.

The Pro-EQ 44 was made to be paired with the Pro-Control-Four control center pre-amp. Buy the pair and you'll be eternally happy!

Well, I do have the Pro Control Four. So, I think I'll stick with my Pro EQ 22. Or, should I do that? You wouldn't what to sale me yours, would you? Lol. I'll just keep looking for a Pro EQ 44. I'm curious, how do they make an EQ go with a certain preamp?

I'm curious, how do they make an EQ go with a certain preamp?
    Pretty obvious, actually. Same way Crown made the SL2, FM2, and amps to match. It lets people buy what they want or need and, usually, add to it later. Some folks like some aesthetic coordination. Some don't care. The Pro-EQ 44 (the number of slide pots?) was integrated to work with the loop circuitry in the Pro-Control-Four, and the tape/line application, yet it's own controls allow it to function equally well with any other brand or system.

I use the Soundcraftsmen Pro-Control-Four, Pro-EQ 44, Pro-Tuner-Four but I run my Crown amps with them because I just like the sound better than the Pro-Power-Four. FM isn't that important to me. Most of my "radio" listening is off a Squeezebox Touch so I only bought one Pro-Tuner-Four and my other Soundcraftsmen/Crown system uses a Crown FM3.

Thanks guys! I'll just keep looking. Maybe I will get lucky and find a Pro EQ-44 some day.

By the way BMWCCA. Do you have a good picture of the front of your Pro EQ-44? I was just wondering if it has the same buttons as mine. I'm always hitting them when I go to adjust the sliders. Then I turn the EQ off and wonder what happened to the music. I know it's not a bad thing (there is worse things) it's just an annoyance.

Thread Information