Thread: Soundcraftsmen

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Soundcraftsmen

I bought a Soundcraftsmen G2241 EQ a few months ago and would like to know if there is any up-grades that I could have done to it. I don't have the knowledge do it so, I will need to have someone do it but first I would like to know if there is any up-grades that can be done. And how much the up-grades would help. I'm not to knowledgable to work on electronics I just like too listen to them. BTW is there anyone that has any info. on it?

Don't know if this is worth the effort, or not: http://homerecording.com/bbs/equipme...opamps-263397/
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

Ya, I have read that thread and I thought it sounded like a lot of work. I was just wondering if it makes a big difference in sound. Have you heard of this model of EQ? How far behind technology is it? I'm hoping it's not too far. I mean that most of (if not all is out dated)my stuff is "80's equipment. I'm O.K. with at. I just don't want it to be too far.

It's a decent model albeit with limited range (12dB) and adjustment (octave bands). Just depends on what you're looking for. I've used a lot of Soundcraftsmen EQs over the years and my favorite is the Pro-EQ 44. The controls just work better, have better range (15dB) covers 1/3 octave ranges.
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

Does that last 3db make that much of a difference? I thought it was a 1/3 octave?.

Quote Originally Posted by racinoffrd View Post
    Does that last 3db make that much of a difference? I thought it was a 1/3 octave?.
    Depends on how much EQ you need.
    How many slide controls on each channel? 21 on the third-octave EQs. 10 would be 2/3.

By the way BMWCCA. Do you have a good picture of the front of your Pro EQ-44? I was just wondering if it has the same buttons as mine. I'm always hitting them when I go to adjust the sliders. Then I turn the EQ off and wonder what happened to the music. I know it's not a bad thing (there is worse things) it's just an annoyance.

I suspect this may be one of mine purchased from Canuck Audio Mart from the original owner's listing:

It looks the same as mine, but it looks like it has the same layout bit with 21 bands. Does it have little square buttons below the sliders? If so, that is the ones I alway hit while I adjust the sliders. Do you seem to have the same problem?

Quote Originally Posted by racinoffrd View Post
    It looks the same as mine, but it looks like it has the same layout bit with 21 bands. Does it have little square buttons below the sliders? If so, that is the ones I alway hit while I adjust the sliders. Do you seem to have the same problem?
    Well, the CMOS digital electronic control switches on the Pro-Control and the Pro-EQ are very sensitive but they serve their purpose which is to shorten the signal path. They don't cause me any problem because I set the EQ to compensate at low-level listening and mostly run the Pro-Control in "direct" mode all other times. If I feel the need to make minor adjustments for deficient recordings, I usually bump the tone controls on the Pro-Control and leave the EQ alone.

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCCA View Post
    Well, the CMOS digital electronic control switches on the Pro-Control and the Pro-EQ are very sensitive but they serve their purpose which is to shorten the signal path.
    So it sounds like you don't always listen throw the EQ. Just at certain times? I always listen throw the EQ. I guess that that makes sense about the buttons but I wish they were in a different place. When I accidentally hit them it aggravates me.

Thread Information