Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Best sub/bass for HIFI 4645c or sub 1500 in sealed boxes?

Have you tried locating the sound using something like a cardboard tube from a roll of paper towels or wrapping paper?
    With a narrow tube like that held up to your ear, sometimes you can better pinpoint the place where the sound is coming from,
    and perhaps better locate what it actually is?

I remember one of the folks here had a problem with part of the spider on a driver coming loose and flapping ...

Quote Originally Posted by Kalle View Post
    That did not help. Its only one of the subs that have that sound. Now it dosent leak but still makes noices at high levels. Tested with no eq and still the same. A friends friend had a simular problem and in his case it was the glue issue. It costs me max 100usd to have it sent and repaired. (if it needs repair) Mabye ill try to swith the boxes to make sure its not a enclosure problem. Any other suggestions?

Regards
    Karl
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

Getting them fully sealed can be difficult. Have you tried the push in test again... it should take several seconds to restore.

If the glue is bad you can visibly see the spider is lose and it will make distorted sounds at fairly low levels.

Widget

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Widget View Post
    Getting them fully sealed can be difficult. Have you tried the push in test again... it should take several seconds to restore.

If the glue is bad you can visibly see the spider is lose and it will make distorted sounds at fairly low levels.

Widget
    I takes several seconds to restore both drivers now. (Before about 0,5 sec) The sounds follows the driver. I`we tested to swicth the boxes. I can`t visually see anything wrong with the driver. Where and how to look? My friend (Sebachman) talked about to sweep them with a tone generator.

At lower levels I can`t hear any diffrenses between the drivers.

/Karl

Read here and here
    Maybe you can find a solution.

"Tinsel" leads are properly dressed? They can smack the cone at large excursions if not placed to minimize this.

Sounds like one of your drivers is not quite right. It could very well be the spider glue issue, but it might be something else. If you can't see a problem I think you should take that woofer to a speaker repair shop.

Widget

Quote Originally Posted by grumpy View Post
    "Tinsel" leads are properly dressed? They can smack the cone at large excursions if not placed to minimize this.
    One of them where close to the cone and I can se on the cone that it has ben in contact with the lead. This was the problem.

I`we checked Odd`s tips and can`t see anything of that on my driver.

Thanks for your posts and help

But still near or @ clip level none dosen`t sound wery great. I have 12db hp @20hz. Can it be so that as widget says that they are beeing over driving? The amp is speced 1400rms at clip an 1900w max. I can limit the amp to 1100wrms.
    Also the enclosure has no bracing. 3/4" MDF and baffle double 3/4" MDF. Can it be reconances in the box?

Regards Karl

/Karl

It may be cabinet issues, but a less than rigid cabinet will most likely simply be lossy and cause you to lose some output... Ultimately I think you are asking for more output than a single pair of these speakers are capable of.

If listening at these SPLs is your requirement, then you should consider the 2242s... they will put out a hell of a lot of sound with very little complaining!

Widget

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Widget View Post
    If listening at these SPLs is your requirement, then you should consider the 2242s... they will put out a hell of a lot of sound with very little complaining!

Widget

+2
    Always fun learning more.......

Thread Information