Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: M2 Master Reference Monitors Arrive in Australia

Quote Originally Posted by 4313B View Post
    You got me!

I am a bit biased towards JBL Studio Monitors for home theater as well, so it makes complete sense to me that Luxury would want to offer them in a Synthesis package. I'm really glad it happened, and so quickly too.

I guess I am kind of fixated on the 4430/4435 to M2 upgrade path. It's a really nice upgrade. I'm impressed. It has been just over thirty years between models but the wait is well worth it.

You seem very enthusiastic.

It soon comes an in house report from 4313B of the M2?

You seem very enthusiastic.

It soon comes an in house report from 4313B of the M2?
    How about a to the K2s9900 as well?

/Mostly

Quote Originally Posted by 4313B View Post
    Outstanding audio reproduction based on real science and dedicated R&D. No idiotic looking enclosures. No asinine price tags. No need for a whole bunch of transducers arranged in such a way as to win the "clusterfuck of the day" award.
    Thanks for the clarification! I agree! I'm not big on your typical audiophile speakers either.
    S4700 owner.

Quote Originally Posted by Mctwins View Post
    No, I don't have the M2.

Lend me a pair and I will break-in them in just a couple of hours and call it a day.

Don't need six month....
    Ok, thanks. I don't have a pair either!
    S4700 owner.

Thank God that Crowns is not a hif gear.

Yes, I like Crown amps.

I also like the damping factor in I-tech at 8 Ohm; 20Hz to 100Hz >5000
    They certainly have their merits. I'll give you that.
    S4700 owner.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave_72 View Post
    They certainly have their merits. I'll give you that.
    Yes they do, and they do the M2's a lot of justice! It's just that bloody fan noise that detracts from using them in a home environment. I like the silence between tracks, especially when listening to orchestral music.
    I have to say I have never been so exited in all my adult years, this system is epic, and I haven't heard anyone comment on the headroom and shear SPL this system is capable of, I listened to the M2's at over 100 db, and they barely tickled the level meters on the Crown!!

And just a side note on the beryllium thing, it ain't that exotic, the automotive race industry has chewed this stuff up for years, just one valve seat in an alloy race head would yield enough beryllium to make a 100 beryllium diaphragms!, after hearing the 4365's with all the so called high end materials as used in the Arrays and K2s, they don't even seem in the same league as the D2 & waveguide combo. This new system is by fare the most revealing deal I have ever listened to, I'm just pissed I didn't know they were coming!

Thank God that Crowns is not a hif gear.

Yes, I like Crown amps.

I also like the damping factor in I-tech at 8 Ohm; 20Hz to 100Hz >5000
    May be I am wrong but some easy calculations:
    8/5000= 1.6 mOhm (pow-amp impedance)
    cables
    1m of wire 1mm2 has 16.8 mOhm/m
    1m of wire 2mm2 has 8.4 mOhm/m so if using this wire You will have 5 (five) TIMES larger resistivity per ONE meter then pow-amp output impedance, or damping factor 5 times LESS, so using 5 m of this wire would reduce damping factor 25 times.

Not to mention that the drivers internal resistance is 3-to-6 ohms what would totally reduce damping factor to the value of SEVERAL but less the 10.

Regards
    ivica

Obsolete
    Quote Originally Posted by S4700 View Post
    And just a side note on the beryllium thing, it ain't that exotic, the automotive race industry has chewed this stuff up for years, just one valve seat in an alloy race head would yield enough beryllium to make a 100 beryllium diaphragms!, after hearing the 4365's with all the so called high end materials as used in the Arrays and K2s, they don't even seem in the same league as the D2 & waveguide combo.
    They aren't. The 4365 is targeted at a different market segment.

The "so called" high end materials are called that because they are. No one is blowing smoke up your rear end. It isn't a scam. JBL really did do the proper R&D to arrive at their conclusions. If you personally prefer the D2430K to the 476Mg or 476Be more power to you. I know a few guys that are completely convinced that compression driver technology went nowhere post LE175.
    This new system is by fare the most revealing deal I have ever listened to
    It's mighty impressive.

I laughed at that statement in that article stating that the M2 "had potential". Clueless much?

I would like to get BSS BLU dsp-settings for my 4365s! It would be very nice if JBL could provide it for them as well, as they do for the M2.
    I think, maybe, the network in the 4365 is somewhat downgraded to not make it sound too close to s9900. It has diodes and stuff. I know Goophy is going active with his 4365s, with very big sound improvements, he says.

And just a side note on the beryllium thing, it ain't that exotic, the automotive race industry has chewed this stuff up for years, just one valve seat in an alloy race head would yield enough beryllium to make a 100 beryllium diaphragms!
    Those beryllium valve seats are a beryllium/copper alloy that contain a really small amount of beryllium, like a couple of percent. I think the beryllium diaphragms are pure or nearly pure beryllium. So maybe make 100 valve seats from a single diaphragm.

Quote Originally Posted by bubbleboy76 View Post
    I think, maybe, the network in the 4365 is somewhat downgraded to not make it sound too close to s9900. It has diodes and stuff. .

I can't see them intentionally torpedoing a product.

Widget

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by JeffW View Post
    Those beryllium valve seats are a beryllium/copper alloy that contain a really small amount of beryllium, like a couple of percent. I think the beryllium diaphragms are pure or nearly pure beryllium. So maybe make 100 valve seats from a single diaphragm.
    You are correct, My point was it ain't that exotic and there is a bunch of Be about, anyway I am just pointing out that the D2 for my mind seems to be a milestone for JBL, after all, it did revolutionize the Vertec system,
    I'm just exited to be in position that in a short period of time I will be lucky enough to own a pair of the M2s! I am just undecided about the amplification side of it, I think I may go down the Hd5000 path, as in time I would like to get a third box for a theatre arrangement , That keeps everything the same, I can't imagine how good an M2 theatre setup would sound, especially adding a bank of 4645cs.

Yes they do, and they do the M2's a lot of justice! It's just that bloody fan noise that detracts from using them in a home environment. I like the silence between tracks, especially when listening to orchestral music.
    I have to say I have never been so exited in all my adult years, this system is epic, and I haven't heard anyone comment on the headroom and shear SPL this system is capable of, I listened to the M2's at over 100 db, and they barely tickled the level meters on the Crown!!

And just a side note on the beryllium thing, it ain't that exotic, the automotive race industry has chewed this stuff up for years, just one valve seat in an alloy race head would yield enough beryllium to make a 100 beryllium diaphragms!, after hearing the 4365's with all the so called high end materials as used in the Arrays and K2s, they don't even seem in the same league as the D2 & waveguide combo. This new system is by fare the most revealing deal I have ever listened to, I'm just pissed I didn't know they were coming!
    Wow, sounds exciting. Maybe you can hear them with all Levinson electronics?
    S4700 owner.

Thread Information