Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: M2 Master Reference Monitors Arrive in Australia

Quote Originally Posted by pos View Post
    That is approx 6500€ per speaker, right?
    Google confirms, just type "51662 nok in eur" in google search field. This is including VAT. Excluding VAT it is "only" 5100 Euros.

A bit expensive, especially since the boxes probably are made of chipboard.

Nothing is cheap in Norway As comparison the price of S9900 is 3 times the price of M2, 4365 is 20% more expensive than M2

Quote Originally Posted by baldrick View Post
    They've been for sale in Norway aprox 6 months and here the Crown amps is just on option, you don't have to buy them together: http://www.lydrommet.no/produkter/ho...-15-d2-driver/
    Hi all, The guy from Jands call me this morning and confirmed that My M2 audition will be set for to day at 12 noon, unfortunately I won't be able to take my s4700's as time won't permit. We spoke about how they package the system and he said that I can purchase the speakers without the amps, but went on to say why would I consider doing that as the complete system was outstanding. I will post tonight on my findings,

Quote Originally Posted by S4700 View Post
    Hi all, The guy from Jands call me this morning and confirmed that My M2 audition will be set for to day at 12 noon, unfortunately I won't be able to take my s4700's as time won't permit. We spoke about how they package the system and he said that I can purchase the speakers without the amps, but went on to say why would I consider doing that as the complete system was outstanding. I will post tonight on my findings,
    Interesting!
    Are the M2s brand new, or broken in?

Mctwins
    This schould be fun, ask now what kind of setting is on those Crowns.

Play loud, they don't need break-in.

he said that I can purchase the speakers without the amps
    Name:  36f1ut.jpg
Views: 614
Size:  39.5 KB
    S4700 owner.

If you don't want the amps just go with the BSS option and use your own power amps. I for the life of me can't understand why one would not want the factory DSP. I would bet its highly unlikely that nearly anyone would get them closer to being all they can be. Its not like they're holding back.

If you really look at it, in the not so distant past, nearly every driver has EQ built in somewhere via cone mass, cone curve or shape, inductance of the coil, under hung, over hung, same gap and coil length, magnetic force in the gap and different gap lengths, spider and surround compliance,,, all of this "compromise" to "optimize" a driver for a particular purpose. It looks to me that the new generation of drivers have less of this physical tuning built in and are built with less compromise (pure from an engineering standpoint) as to utilize the incredible power of DSP shaping. When you look at the frequency and the time domain responses, the near utter lack of distortion and the polars of these new systems and then get a good listen, they can be truly amazing.

Just my two bits,
    Barry.
    If we knew what the hell we were doing, we wouldn't call it research would we.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave_72 View Post
    Why can't I have them my way!
    Contact your local JBL Pro dealer and buy them without Levinson or Crown amps.

It's only through JBL Synthesis dealers in the US where you have to buy them bundled.

Widget

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Widget View Post
    Contact your local JBL Pro dealer and buy them without Levinson or Crown amps.

It's only through JBL Synthesis dealers in the US where you have to buy them bundled.

Widget
    Ok, thanks, I appreciate that.
    S4700 owner.

Quote Originally Posted by 1audiohack View Post
    If you don't want the amps just go with the BSS option and use your own power amps. I for the life of me can't understand why one would not want the factory DSP. I would bet its highly unlikely that nearly anyone would get them closer to being all they can be. Its not like they're holding back.

If you really look at it, in the not so distant past, nearly every driver has EQ built in somewhere via cone mass, cone curve or shape, inductance of the coil, under hung, over hung, same gap and coil length, magnetic force in the gap and different gap lengths, spider and surround compliance,,, all of this "compromise" to "optimize" a driver for a particular purpose. It looks to me that the new generation of drivers have less of this physical tuning built in and are built with less compromise (pure from an engineering standpoint) as to utilize the incredible power of DSP shaping. When you look at the frequency and the time domain responses, the near utter lack of distortion and the polars of these new systems and then get a good listen, they can be truly amazing.

Just my two bits,
    Barry.
    Hi Barry,

I was just joking around really. I wasn't being serious. No hard feelings. I thought you guys would get a laugh out of that meme.

Thanks!
    S4700 owner.

Yes they are amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well I have listen to the M2, and I too am now gob smacked at the performance I received this afternoon.
    imaging spectacular, dynamics and bandwidth exceptional! The overall headroom of the system was that of a live performance,
    every track we played was a different experience to what I knew, every instrument was solid and we heard every harmonic and natural decay of each instrument , particularly acoustic guitar and the percussion of the drum kits, the sound stage was just solid, every breath in vocalists were there, the recording environment revealed its self,
    these things are going to be hard on recordings!! Way to revealing!!
    how to the S4700's compare? Thankfully very well, though we couldn't A B them, I believe the S4700 is still a very nice platform, the S4700 is a great hifi speaker and aesthetically pleasing, the M2 is on a whole different level, they are live!! I thing the commentators are correct, the M2's are a game changer!!!!

the D2 driver is a freak, how can one driver do so so much?? I think the system's strength is the fact that it is a 2 way design and the fact there is no passive crossover to soak up power, I have to be honest, I didn't feel the DSP let the system down in any way, the transition from lows to highs driver to driver was to my ears seamless!!
    the 2216nd has the same carr actor as in the S4700, apart from the fact the Crown amp had a much more solid clamp on the bottom end.
    The M2's were mated the the Crown 4 channel 4*3500.
    Down fall of the system, none really, maybe the noise of the fan in the amp, which I believe can be attenuated, so no big problem there, the looks are a bit agricultural, but hey they are tools of the trade!

will I get a pair???? You bet I will!!!
    just waiting for pricing,

Mctwins
    Well I have listen to the M2, and I too am now gob smacked at the performance I received this afternoon.
    imaging spectacular, dynamics and bandwidth exceptional! The overall headroom of the system was that of a live performance,
    every track we played was a different experience to what I knew, every instrument was solid and we heard every harmonic and natural decay of each instrument , particularly acoustic guitar and the percussion of the drum kits, the sound stage was just solid, every breath in vocalists were there, the recording environment revealed its self,
    these things are going to be hard on recordings!! Way to revealing!!
    how to the S4700's compare? Thankfully very well, though we couldn't A B them, I believe the S4700 is still a very nice platform, the S4700 is a great hifi speaker and aesthetically pleasing, the M2 is on a whole different level, they are live!! I thing the commentators are correct, the M2's are a game changer!!!!

the D2 driver is a freak, how can one driver do so so much?? I think the system's strength is the fact that it is a 2 way design and the fact there is no passive crossover to soak up power, I have to be honest, I didn't feel the DSP let the system down in any way, the transition from lows to highs driver to driver was to my ears seamless!!
    the 2216nd has the same carr actor as in the S4700, apart from the fact the Crown amp had a much more solid clamp on the bottom end.
    The M2's were mated the the Crown 4 channel 4*3500.
    Down fall of the system, none really, maybe the noise of the fan in the amp, which I believe can be attenuated, so no big problem there, the looks are a bit agricultural, but hey they are tools of the trade!

will I get a pair???? You bet I will!!!
    just waiting for pricing,
    Nice to hear,

I would choose the Crowns 4*3500 to drive this speakers, at least for home use. Better one amp regarding to the fan noise. One can put it in another room and use HighQ net to control the amp or build a isolation box to put the amp in and reduse the fan noise. There is allways a solution for this.

Any findings about the settings?

I think the one amp is the better option, I couldn't get to the subject of settings, the tech guy who set it all up, had to attend to something elsewhere in the building, and the guy assisting me wasn't familiar with the system, I will find out more in time,

Mctwins
    I think the one amp is the better option, I couldn't get to the subject of settings, the tech guy who set it all up, had to attend to something elsewhere in the building, and the guy assisting me wasn't familiar with the system, I will find out more in time,
    Ok, I understand.

If I where there I would sneak inside the Crowns and see how the setting was made. Maybe they didn't have any settings, who knows, but they must have for sure. I will wait for you to find out more.

Was the speaker brand new or did you notice that they needed break-in time?

Definately needed more break in time, third listening session for them, I was very familiar to the sound of the 2216nd, it definitely needed more break in time, I'm guessing the D2 is in the same boat!

Thread Information