Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: M2 Master Reference Monitors Arrive in Australia

Mctwins
    Quote Originally Posted by S4700 View Post
    Definately needed more break in time, third listening session for them, I was very familiar to the sound of the 2216nd, it definitely needed more break in time, I'm guessing the D2 is in the same boat!
    Ok,

I have already forgotten how mine speakers sounded when they where new, either couple of hours or day's depends how loud you are playing.

Nevertheless, the most important is that it sounded great.

Well I have listen to the M2, and I too am now gob smacked at the performance I received this afternoon.
    imaging spectacular, dynamics and bandwidth exceptional! The overall headroom of the system was that of a live performance,
    every track we played was a different experience to what I knew, every instrument was solid and we heard every harmonic and natural decay of each instrument , particularly acoustic guitar and the percussion of the drum kits, the sound stage was just solid, every breath in vocalists were there, the recording environment revealed its self,
    these things are going to be hard on recordings!! Way to revealing!!
    how to the S4700's compare? Thankfully very well, though we couldn't A B them, I believe the S4700 is still a very nice platform, the S4700 is a great hifi speaker and aesthetically pleasing, the M2 is on a whole different level, they are live!! I thing the commentators are correct, the M2's are a game changer!!!!

the D2 driver is a freak, how can one driver do so so much?? I think the system's strength is the fact that it is a 2 way design and the fact there is no passive crossover to soak up power, I have to be honest, I didn't feel the DSP let the system down in any way, the transition from lows to highs driver to driver was to my ears seamless!!
    the 2216nd has the same carr actor as in the S4700, apart from the fact the Crown amp had a much more solid clamp on the bottom end.
    The M2's were mated the the Crown 4 channel 4*3500.
    Down fall of the system, none really, maybe the noise of the fan in the amp, which I believe can be attenuated, so no big problem there, the looks are a bit agricultural, but hey they are tools of the trade!

will I get a pair???? You bet I will!!!
    just waiting for pricing,
    Well that's cool...glad you made out.
    S4700 owner.

Obsolete
    Well I have listen to the M2, and I too am now gob smacked at the performance I received this afternoon.
    Yep, it takes all of three seconds to realize that they have it all.

They aren't "audiophile" loudspeakers, they're the real deal.

Good News

Hi 4700,

I am in Sydney too, I have Performance series and when they broke I bought a 2nd hand pair of Revel Gems and a Velodyne dd18.

But at this stage my finances could let me look at some M2's, which would most likely be superior to the Gems and Velodyne.

I think its time now to move on from the PS which were very good.

At the moment there is a lot of support from the forum for the M2's and adapting them for a "home" solution.

imaging spectacular, dynamics and bandwidth exceptional! The overall headroom of the system was that of a live performance,
    every track we played was a different experience to what I knew, every instrument was solid and we heard every harmonic and natural decay of each instrument , particularly acoustic guitar and the percussion of the drum kits, the sound stage was just solid, every breath in vocalists were there, the recording environment revealed its self,
    these things are going to be hard on recordings!! Way to revealing!!
    how to the S4700's compare? Thankfully very well, though we couldn't A B them, I believe the S4700 is still a very nice platform, the S4700 is a great hifi speaker and aesthetically pleasing, the M2 is on a whole different level, they are live!! I thing the commentators are correct, the M2's are a game changer!!!!

the D2 driver is a freak, how can one driver do so so much?? I think the system's strength is the fact that it is a 2 way design and the fact there is no passive crossover to soak up power, I have to be honest, I didn't feel the DSP let the system down in any way, the transition from lows to highs driver to driver was to my ears seamless!!
    the 2216nd has the same carr actor as in the S4700, apart from the fact the Crown amp had a much more solid clamp on the bottom end.
    The M2's were mated the the Crown 4 channel 4*3500.
    Down fall of the system, none really, maybe the noise of the fan in the amp, which I believe can be attenuated, so no big problem there, the looks are a bit agricultural, but hey they are tools of the trade!

will I get a pair???? You bet I will!!!
    just waiting for pricing,
    Great!
    But i think Crown amp is not the best choise for M2,we need soft and sweet sound in our home
    46 lover

Quote Originally Posted by Mctwins View Post
    Nice to hear,

I would choose the Crowns 4*3500 to drive this speakers, at least for home use. Better one amp regarding to the fan noise. One can put it in another room and use HighQ net to control the amp or build a isolation box to put the amp in and reduse the fan noise. There is allways a solution for this.

Any findings about the settings?
    You like Crown amp indeed,but i think Crown is not a hifi gear
    46 lover

Quote Originally Posted by martin_wu99 View Post
    I agree.
    S4700 owner.

Quote Originally Posted by Mctwins View Post
    Ok,

I have already forgotten how mine speakers sounded when they where new, either couple of hours or day's depends how loud you are playing.

Nevertheless, the most important is that it sounded great.
    You have the M2s?
    S4700 owner.

Quote Originally Posted by 4313B View Post
    Yep, it takes all of three seconds to realize that they have it all.

They aren't "audiophile" loudspeakers, they're the real deal.
    what's the "real deal."
    S4700 owner.

Mctwins
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave_72 View Post
    You have the M2s?
    No, I don't have the M2.

Lend me a pair and I will break-in them in just a couple of hours and call it a day.

Don't need six month....

Mctwins
    Quote Originally Posted by martin_wu99 View Post
    Thank God that Crowns is not a hif gear.

Yes, I like Crown amps.

I also like the damping factor in I-tech at 8 Ohm; 20Hz to 100Hz >5000

Obsolete
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave_72 View Post
    what's the "real deal."
    Outstanding audio reproduction based on real science and dedicated R&D. No idiotic looking enclosures. No asinine price tags. No need for a whole bunch of transducers arranged in such a way as to win the "clusterfuck of the day" award.

Quote Originally Posted by 4313B View Post
    Outstanding audio reproduction based on real science and dedicated R&D. No idiotic looking enclosures. No asinine price tags. No need for a whole bunch of transducers arranged in such a way as to win the "clusterfuck of the day" award.
    How do you really feel?

I think you just described a studio monitor. Oh, that is what JBL has offered isn't it?

Widget

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Widget View Post
    ...I think you just described a studio monitor... Widget
    Exactly! The sonic equivalent of an Oscope.

I think it's hilarious how the buzz of new technology makes so many people rabid with the desire to own them, yet at once they want them to be something else.

Barry.
    If we knew what the hell we were doing, we wouldn't call it research would we.

Obsolete
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Widget View Post
    How do you really feel?

I think you just described a studio monitor. Oh, that is what JBL has offered isn't it?

Widget
    You got me!

I am a bit biased towards JBL Studio Monitors for home theater as well, so it makes complete sense to me that Luxury would want to offer them in a Synthesis package. I'm really glad it happened, and so quickly too.

I guess I am kind of fixated on the 4430/4435 to M2 upgrade path. It's a really nice upgrade. I'm impressed. It has been just over thirty years between models but the wait is well worth it.

Thread Information