Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: M2 Master Reference Monitors Arrive in Australia

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

M2 Master Reference Monitors Arrive in Australia

Hi all, I just got off the phone to the Australian importer for JBL Pro,
    they have a pair of M2's in stock. They are trying to organize a time for
    me to have a listen at their premises early next week. We talked about the possibility
    of me bringing my S4700's to compare, I will know more on Monday, will keep you all
    posted.

Please let us know

Shoot-out Down Under!

Sounds like fun!
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCCA View Post
    Sounds like fun!
    Yeah, the importer is just ten minutes from where I live. Depending on time constraints as to whether I take mine down there or not, anyways I will take some pics and upload them, I really hope they are great, the importer said they are better than anything they have brought into the country, Jands have been the sole JBL Pro importer in Australia for over 30 years, and they are also one of the biggest tour company's on the planet, www.jands.com.au

We want your opinion

Sounds like a great comparison opportunity.

Regards, Ron
    JBL Pro for home use!

Mctwins
    This schould be fun, ask now what kind of setting is on those Crowns.

Play loud, they don't need break-in.

Quote Originally Posted by S4700 View Post
    Hi all, I just got off the phone to the Australian importer for JBL Pro,
    they have a pair of M2's in stock. They are trying to organize a time for
    me to have a listen at their premises early next week. We talked about the possibility
    of me bringing my S4700's to compare, I will know more on Monday, will keep you all
    posted.
    Are they letting you buy them separately or do you have to buy the electronics too like here in the US?
    S4700 owner.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave_72 View Post
    Are they letting you buy them separately or do you have to buy the electronics too like here in the US?
    Hi Dave, we didn't go into that, but I'm guessing it will be the same deal as in the states.

They've been for sale in Norway aprox 6 months and here the Crown amps is just on option, you don't have to buy them together: http://www.lydrommet.no/produkter/ho...-15-d2-driver/

Quote Originally Posted by baldrick View Post
    They've been for sale in Norway aprox 6 months and here the Crown amps is just on option, you don't have to buy them together: http://www.lydrommet.no/produkter/ho...-15-d2-driver/
    Well, that's cool for you over there. It kinda sucks for us...
    S4700 owner.

That is approx 6500€ per speaker, right?

Quote Originally Posted by pos View Post
    Very expensive,right?
    46 lover

Quote Originally Posted by pos View Post
    Google confirms, just type "51662 nok in eur" in google search field. This is including VAT. Excluding VAT it is "only" 5100 Euros.

A bit expensive, especially since the boxes probably are made of chipboard.

Yes they are amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well I have listen to the M2, and I too am now gob smacked at the performance I received this afternoon.
    imaging spectacular, dynamics and bandwidth exceptional! The overall headroom of the system was that of a live performance,
    every track we played was a different experience to what I knew, every instrument was solid and we heard every harmonic and natural decay of each instrument , particularly acoustic guitar and the percussion of the drum kits, the sound stage was just solid, every breath in vocalists were there, the recording environment revealed its self,
    these things are going to be hard on recordings!! Way to revealing!!
    how to the S4700's compare? Thankfully very well, though we couldn't A B them, I believe the S4700 is still a very nice platform, the S4700 is a great hifi speaker and aesthetically pleasing, the M2 is on a whole different level, they are live!! I thing the commentators are correct, the M2's are a game changer!!!!

the D2 driver is a freak, how can one driver do so so much?? I think the system's strength is the fact that it is a 2 way design and the fact there is no passive crossover to soak up power, I have to be honest, I didn't feel the DSP let the system down in any way, the transition from lows to highs driver to driver was to my ears seamless!!
    the 2216nd has the same carr actor as in the S4700, apart from the fact the Crown amp had a much more solid clamp on the bottom end.
    The M2's were mated the the Crown 4 channel 4*3500.
    Down fall of the system, none really, maybe the noise of the fan in the amp, which I believe can be attenuated, so no big problem there, the looks are a bit agricultural, but hey they are tools of the trade!

will I get a pair???? You bet I will!!!
    just waiting for pricing,

Hi all, The guy from Jands call me this morning and confirmed that My M2 audition will be set for to day at 12 noon, unfortunately I won't be able to take my s4700's as time won't permit. We spoke about how they package the system and he said that I can purchase the speakers without the amps, but went on to say why would I consider doing that as the complete system was outstanding. I will post tonight on my findings,

Thread Information