Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 58

Thread: M2 Master Reference Monitors Arrive in Australia

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Sydney Australia
    Posts
    31

    M2 Master Reference Monitors Arrive in Australia

    Hi all, I just got off the phone to the Australian importer for JBL Pro,
    they have a pair of M2's in stock. They are trying to organize a time for
    me to have a listen at their premises early next week. We talked about the possibility
    of me bringing my S4700's to compare, I will know more on Monday, will keep you all
    posted.

  2. #2
    Senior Member Valentin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    730
    Please let us know

  3. #3
    Senior Member BMWCCA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    7,044

    Shoot-out Down Under!

    Sounds like fun!
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Sydney Australia
    Posts
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWCCA View Post
    Sounds like fun!
    Yeah, the importer is just ten minutes from where I live. Depending on time constraints as to whether I take mine down there or not, anyways I will take some pics and upload them, I really hope they are great, the importer said they are better than anything they have brought into the country, Jands have been the sole JBL Pro importer in Australia for over 30 years, and they are also one of the biggest tour company's on the planet, www.jands.com.au

  5. #5
    Senior Member spkrman57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    1,982

    We want your opinion

    Sounds like a great comparison opportunity.

    Regards, Ron
    JBL Pro for home use!

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    722

    Post

    Quote Originally Posted by S4700 View Post
    Hi all, I just got off the phone to the Australian importer for JBL Pro,
    they have a pair of M2's in stock. They are trying to organize a time for
    me to have a listen at their premises early next week. We talked about the possibility
    of me bringing my S4700's to compare, I will know more on Monday, will keep you all
    posted.
    Are they letting you buy them separately or do you have to buy the electronics too like here in the US?
    S4700 owner.

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Sydney Australia
    Posts
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave_72 View Post
    Are they letting you buy them separately or do you have to buy the electronics too like here in the US?
    Hi Dave, we didn't go into that, but I'm guessing it will be the same deal as in the states.

  8. #8
    Senior Member baldrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Haugesund, Norway
    Posts
    822
    They've been for sale in Norway aprox 6 months and here the Crown amps is just on option, you don't have to buy them together: http://www.lydrommet.no/produkter/ho...-15-d2-driver/

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    722
    Quote Originally Posted by S4700 View Post
    Hi Dave, we didn't go into that, but I'm guessing it will be the same deal as in the states.
    Ok, well let us know. I'm certainly curious...
    S4700 owner.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    722
    Quote Originally Posted by baldrick View Post
    They've been for sale in Norway aprox 6 months and here the Crown amps is just on option, you don't have to buy them together: http://www.lydrommet.no/produkter/ho...-15-d2-driver/
    Well, that's cool for you over there. It kinda sucks for us...
    S4700 owner.

  11. #11
    Senior Member pos's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    2,573
    Quote Originally Posted by baldrick View Post
    They've been for sale in Norway aprox 6 months and here the Crown amps is just on option, you don't have to buy them together: http://www.lydrommet.no/produkter/ho...-15-d2-driver/
    That is approx 6500€ per speaker, right?

  12. #12
    Senior Member martin_wu99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Xi'An,China
    Posts
    1,492
    Quote Originally Posted by S4700 View Post
    Hi all, I just got off the phone to the Australian importer for JBL Pro,
    they have a pair of M2's in stock. They are trying to organize a time for
    me to have a listen at their premises early next week. We talked about the possibility
    of me bringing my S4700's to compare, I will know more on Monday, will keep you all
    posted.
    Great,anxious to know the comparing result
    46 lover

  13. #13
    Senior Member martin_wu99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Xi'An,China
    Posts
    1,492
    Quote Originally Posted by pos View Post
    That is approx 6500€ per speaker, right?
    Very expensive,right?
    46 lover

  14. #14
    Senior Member martin_wu99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Xi'An,China
    Posts
    1,492
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave_72 View Post
    Are they letting you buy them separately or do you have to buy the electronics too like here in the US?
    You do'nt have to buy Crown amp,but since they have DSP in it,in order to make full use of M2,you'd better buy Crown amp
    46 lover

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    722
    Quote Originally Posted by martin_wu99 View Post
    You do'nt have to buy Crown amp,but since they have DSP in it,in order to make full use of M2,you'd better buy Crown amp
    You can also buy it with Levinson amps.
    S4700 owner.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. JBL Master Reference Monitor
    By Titanium Dome in forum Lansing Product General Information
    Replies: 1644
    Last Post: 12-18-2019, 02:11 PM
  2. Reference 43XL - Monitors speakers designed by Willy PETERS
    By Madien3388 in forum Lansing Product General Information
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-07-2011, 02:39 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •