I've been experimenting with bi-amping my L300's and had a few crossover questions. I currently have them set up in a "passive" bi-amping config, the internal xovers are split into two separate sections for the HF and LF. Each hooked up to their respective sets of binding posts. I have a 12wpc Fisher X-101ST el84 amp feeding the HF drivers, and a Crown Com Tech 800 on the woofers. These amps are controlled via a Juicy Music Blueberry pre. I am able to dial in a nice and balanced sound by tweaking the gain knobs on the amps, as well as the Lpads on the L300s.
My question is, I keep reading about how superior an "active" biamped setup is with an electronic crossover - so I'm wondering if I am missing out on better sound, or maybe subjecting my amps to avoidable stress by not using an electronic crossover?
From what I've read, with an electronic crossover you need to bypass the internal crossover completely and essentially wire the binding posts directly to the drivers? I can imagine how to do this on the woofers, but what about the tweet/mids - if I'm only using two amps?
Or should I just leave it as is and relax?
Any guidance would be great, thanks.