Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Yet more scam in the UK

Quote Originally Posted by SEAWOLF97 View Post
    I just thought it funny that after being so well educated that she did not see the difference between 2,200 minus 50... and 2,150.
    And it certainly was funny.
    And you were too kind. I don't know anyone who travels that distance for something and isn't prepared to pay the asking price.

I once drove to Palo Alto from Virginia after a (small) car. This was back before Internet and even before digital photos so all I had was a handful of snap-shots and upon arriving in my truck at the address my first thought on seeing the car was that there had to be another one around here somewhere, even though the total production was only 1,200. So what else could I do? It's still sitting in the same shed I dumped it in some twenty years ago, untouched and unrestored. Made me so mad I bought it anyway. No negotiating.
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

Quote Originally Posted by SEAWOLF97 View Post
    It's 305 miles from BC to PDX (that's what the ODO said when I drove up there for my first pair) ...but yeah, for a moment I 'bout told them to pull em out of the SUV and depart.

Her smartass answer during the unwanted negotiations was they are
    "just something more for me to dust"
    "Then you and your family can unload them, pay me for my time and work loading them up, and leave here empty handed. If you'd prefer, we can ask the police to oversee this, as I intend to take legal action if you damage my goods or fail to pay for my time."

Funny that she didn't do the math. I'd probably have done the above, but for $50, your solution was better than spending more time trying to sell them again.

Quote Originally Posted by badman View Post
    "Then you and your family can unload them, pay me for my time and work loading them up, and leave here empty handed. If you'd prefer, we can ask the police to oversee this, as I intend to take legal action if you damage my goods or fail to pay for my time."
    I agree with your sentiment, but I've mellowed out a bit over time .... and eBay & CL have made me a kinder/gentler seller.

Quote Originally Posted by badman View Post
    but for $50, your solution was better than spending more time trying to sell them again.
    you hit that one on the head...after so many false starts with so many flake wannabe buyers, I was almost happy to get away with only a $50 discount.
    At that point , the amount of crazy CL communications had become overwhelming, and it had taken quite a while to get an actual serious buyer.

kinda sameish thing happened with an ex-friend. He was selling a TT that I wanted ..we agreed on price ...he was coming this way and volunteered to deliver it.

when he arrived and we'd demoed it, he says "I really need $20 more than we agreed on". I did it , but that was the end of "us".

Oh yeah ... one other motivating factor was that there were four 250Ti's set up in the living room* and the warden reminded me of that daily.

* plus the big Ohm's , 2 subs and a pair of Yammys . And burning season was upon us and the JBL's blocked where firewood for the wood stove gets stacked and ...
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

Thread Information