Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yet more scam in the UK

Yet more scam in the UK

All posted on Vivastreet on the same day in London. Yep 2 Paragons ( fat chance ) and 3 pairs 4350 ( fat chance ) plus some other goodies.
    This is the same scammer that the police seem to be ignoring on Craigslist.

OOPS just noticed the posting date but notwithstanding , this is rife !!!

Name:  1.jpg
Views: 1345
Size:  61.1 KB
    Name:  2.JPG
Views: 1404
Size:  84.3 KB
    Name:  3.jpg
Views: 1329
Size:  57.1 KB

here you have more from Craigslist UK
    ALE Acoustic Speaker Drivers for Goto TAD JBL Horns £2100

this drivers were for sale on Ebay for few years ago
    the seller were from Austin Texas USA

OOOOH ..... all within a quick train ride from me .... ? Wanker !

I'm pretty fed up with Craigslist flakes. I keep getting people who don't show up, or want more pictures and an endless dialogue for little things, etc.

Things like:

I sold my daughter's toddler bed, cheap, a few years back, and after I loaded it in the fellow's car, he THEN wanted to negotiate on price. Sorry pal, no dice. Should have done so on the phone or before I loaded it- he could have probably talked me down if he hadn't waited 'til I'd fulfilled my part of the deal.

"Meet me at the 7/11 on xyz, call me when you get there I'm 2 min away".... doesn't pick up phone for 20 min.

This other guy sets 2 meeting times, flakes on both, but wants to hang out and listen to the speakers, not just see that they're working. Sorry bro, you get the front of the garage test tone sweep, you're not coming inside even to use the pisser.

Pacific Northwest, but North-er and West-er
    Call me naive... but what's the scam? The guy either has the goods, or he doesn't. Does he just get thrills out of wasting peoples' time?
    I control the treble.
    I control the bass.

Quote Originally Posted by honkytonkwillie View Post
    Call me naive... but what's the scam? The guy either has the goods, or he doesn't. Does he just get thrills out of wasting peoples' time?

I hope at you are joking
    If you are buying 4000 - 50000 USD speakers and pay for them, this is more than wasting peoples time you can also lost lot of money

Advertising goods he does not have , and never did , taking deposits or even complete payments , giving fake contact addresses , the money vanishes into bank accounts that not even the police will investigate.

http://london.craigslist.co.uk/ela/ That link is London craigslist for ' electronics ' Have a look at it yourself , how many ad's do you see with an actual location ?
    Have you ever seen so much audio goodness advertised in one place ? And then the prices are just SO tempting , usually half of what they should be.
    I have found stuff listed that is actually in a persons home in Texas ( not for sale )

Quote Originally Posted by badman View Post
    I'm pretty fed up with Craigslist flakes.

Things like:

I sold my daughter's toddler bed, cheap, a few years back, and after I loaded it in the fellow's car, he THEN wanted to negotiate on price. Sorry pal, no dice. Should have done so on the phone or before I loaded it- he could have probably talked me down if he hadn't waited 'til I'd fulfilled my part of the deal.
    plus 1 on the CLFlake idiots. We set up meets . guy calls "I'm only 5 minutes away, what were directions again ?" ... nobody shows ... later an email "Oh, I changed my mind"

OR

The guy who drives past my house 4 times, can't find the address and gives up .. it's easy and I'd even given him all the visual clues.

AND

I guess it's enough after the fact to relate this one...... I put my extra set of 250Ti's on CL. An Indian engineer from Vancouver B.C. wants them. He's a nice guy.

So they drive down in a SUV with grandma, the kids, wife, dog ..etc. He's loves the speakers. We had agreed on 2,200. Get them loaded and the wife who is also an engineer (6'2") stands over me and starts up with "we had a long drive and gas is expensive". "We need a big discount" ... I can see hubby shuddering with embarrassment. I told her " we've already agreed on the price" . Her="I don't care, I got the money"

So I offered $50 off. "NO, NOT ENOUGH" says she. So I slowed down and did some mental calcs and countered "Alright ....how about 2,150" ??

SHE ..."OK , we can take that"

had a good laugh afterwards ...
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

Quote Originally Posted by SEAWOLF97 View Post
    I guess it's enough after the fact to relate this one...... I put my extra set of 250Ti's on CL. An Indian engineer from Vancouver B.C. wants them. He's a nice guy.

So they drive down in a SUV with grandma, the kids, wife, dog ..etc. He's loves the speakers. We had agreed on 2,200. Get them loaded and the wife who is also an engineer (6'2") stands over me and starts up with "we had a long drive and gas is expensive". "We need a big discount" ... I can see hubby shuddering with embarrassment. I told her " we've already agreed on the price" . Her="I don't care, I got the money"

So I offered $50 off. "NO, NOT ENOUGH" says she. So I slowed down and did some mental calcs and countered "Alright ....how about 2,150" ??

SHE ..."OK , we can take that"

had a good laugh afterwards ...
    I don't think I have a prejudiced bone in my body . . . or at least I never did before I got in the car biz. But my experience mirrors yours over many, many Indian customers. And yet I have several Indian friends who are among the most generous people I know.
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCCA View Post
    I don't think I have a prejudiced bone in my body . . . or at least I never did before I got in the car biz. But my experience mirrors yours over many, many Indian customers. And yet I have several Indian friends who are among the most generous people I know.
    OH, don't take my post as a knock on Indians ...I worked with many at Intel and they were easier than a lot of others (tho I realize that they were here on H1B's) ...many were top notch engineers. Anybody could have pulled the same deal on me.
    I just thought it funny that after being so well educated that she did not see the difference between 2,200 minus 50... and 2,150.

Quote Originally Posted by macaroonie View Post
    Advertising goods he does not have , and never did , taking deposits or even complete payments , giving fake contact addresses , the money vanishes into bank accounts that not even the police will investigate.
    Ahhhh, makes sense. Giving money up-front for a deal that isn't going to happen. The idea of being so foolish with one's own money is beyond me. Come to think of it, 2 months ago in California, I paid in full for a tuner that I haven't recieved yet. But it was from an established business, and I have paperwork and all. Trivially easy to take care of through the court system if it comes to that.
    I control the treble.
    I control the bass.

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCCA View Post
    I wouldn't call it prejudice at all. Understanding that people of different backgrounds have different customs or ways of doing things is a very positive thing. It becomes prejudice when value judgements enter the picture, such as good/bad, right/wrong, should/shouldn't, etc.

In Seawolf97's case, I'd have probably given the 2% discount also, but depending on my mood, I might have offered to save them $2200 for their 800 mile round trip.
    I control the treble.
    I control the bass.

In Seawolf97's case, I'd have probably given the 2% discount also, but depending on my mood, I might have offered to save them $2200 for their 800 mile round trip.

It's 305 miles from BC to PDX (that's what the ODO said when I drove up there for my first pair) ...but yeah, for a moment I 'bout told them to pull em out of the SUV and depart.

Her smartass answer during the unwanted negotiations was they are
    "just something more for me to dust"

Dot , Feather or Motorbike ?

Quote Originally Posted by macaroonie View Post
    Dot , Feather or Motorbike ?
    yes

Thread Information