Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Lansing Speakers in Films and TV

Late Sat. night there was a commercial for Behr paints where they change the room colors, highlights etc. to show their paint colors, combinations and a computer they have to use. On the last few moments of the commercial there is a camera pan from left to right to a larger room. It sure looked liked a Metregon was against one of the walls under a large flat screen tv in the pan. It happened so fast and as ususal I wasn't paying too much attention to the commercials. It would make sense with the flat screen mounted on the wall above it. Then again it is a commercial.
    Something to look for if the Behr paint commercial pops up during your watching tv.
    Or someone can Tivo or such it to verify.

Steve

The Edge on Live 8

I taped the Live 8 concert since I wasn't free to watch it when originally broadcast. In going through the recording, I thought there was something unique about The Edge's T shirt. After making a few video captures and blowing them up, an unmistakeable Lansing connection became apparent. See for yourself:
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Regards

Don McRitchie

I would wear that shirt to work if I could find it. Wonder where it came from?

RickL166
    That's awesome!!!

first of all ,great spot don! a way to get these shirts must be found!!!! somebody please do so and let us know.....must have one ......some way...

transducergeek
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelyfan
    In the Steely Dan AJA DVD you will notice "a few" L100's (or similar) in the studio of former band member guitar player Denny Diaz.
    As a small connection to "fame" When I operated my recording studio, I owned the 24 track 3M M-79 Tape Deck that recorded "AJA". I purchased it from the "Village Recorder" in about 1979. I owned it until 1982. I was told when I purchased it, that they used it for that specific album, and SD specifically ordered that model because it had very closely mounted Erase/Record heads which provided the "tightest" "punch-in" in the business.... It had the "iso-loop" design of tape drive... Thanks, all.

Clear and present control one

I think a JBL Control One speaker was used in the film "Clear and present danger"
    in one of the control centers. The scene where the abandoned soldiers call for help on the radio is picked up.

JBL 4645
    I have noticed them in films like Wag the Dog and the Blues Brothers and more recently in Contact where they use the same model as mine the JBL control 5, you could imagine my surprise when I saw this in the cinema back in 1997 on a screen by 47 feet and 21 feet high!

Sorry about the colour, colour is a bit off, on the image due to the digital camera picking out differences in values like scan lines etc, but you can just make out the JBL control 5.

JBL 4645
    I’m not sure for sure if the horns that are attached to the sides of some of the helicopters in Apocalypse Now where JBL multi-cell horns that where blasting out Wagner's Ride of the Valkyries.

JBL 4645
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelyfan View Post
    I think a JBL Control One speaker was used in the film "Clear and present danger"
    in one of the control centers. The scene where the abandoned soldiers call for help on the radio is picked up.
    Bugger me I have that film on DVD your correct they are used in the monitoring room where they do voice cross referencing. I’ll take the pictures at get them up here ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by JBL 4645 View Post
    I’m not sure for sure if the horns that are attached to the sides of some of the helicopters in Apocalypse Now where JBL multi-cell horns that where blasting out Wagner's Ride of the Valkyries.
    OT - The other way round:
    I've bought Apocalypse now to play the scene
    Wagner's Ride of the Valkyries by Paragon XXL (but stop before killing starts). It still is to be done, it will be very realistic.
    (I did not know where to get helicopter sound else)

JBL 4645
    Sorry about the colour, colour is a bit off, on the image due to the digital camera picking out differences in values like scan lines etc, but you can just make out the JBL control 1.

My digital camera sucks! If I could get a direct link to the video input from the DVD player it would appear a whole lot better.

Even Jack Ryan likes listen to JBL control1, loudspeakers in the early morning.

The serial killer in the old Limey movie "Peeping Tom" has a Quad 57.

MJ Bing

Smiths at the Whisky

Name:  edwhisky.jpg
Views: 1048
Size:  78.6 KB

JBL Dog
    Quote Originally Posted by MJ Bing View Post
    Name:  edwhisky.jpg
Views: 1048
Size:  78.6 KB
    What a classic photo of an amazing band!

Thread Information