Thread: JBL XPL 140's

timcoll

JBL XPL 140's

I just inherited one JBL xpl 140 It seems like a great speaker got two questions. 1. How good is it? 2. How do I go about finding another.

It is a black speaker with a woodgrain finish.

Unfortunately, that is a pretty rare speaker. It will be nearly impossible to find another single. It was expensive when new, $999.00 per speaker. What happened to the other one?

timcoll

jbl xpl

Don

I have no idea my girlfreind was using it as a plant stand... and said to me ... "do you want it?" Yikes!!

I asked her where the other one went and she had no idea. Her father who is filthy rich gave it to her.

On one hand this girl has no idea what a good speaker is... not good... On the other hand her Dad does. I am afraid to ask him though.

It was expensive but is it a great speaker?.... how do I get something to balance it. I dont think my jbl 1600 bookshelf will quite do the trick...

Tim

I have never heard one. I would expect it to be excellent for it's size though.

Want 2 more ?

I have 2 XPL140's in boxes in my basement that I will part with if you want to have 3 (Front/Center/Right) for home theater. Search the archives and you will find my impressions of them. They were a very high quality speaker and that titanium mid gives them a very special sound that no other JBL has (except other XPL's). They want a lot of power and sound tremendous if you biamp them. Send me a PM and we can discuss...

jblnut

Obsolete
    Cool solution!

c3474

jbl xpl series

i have a set of xpl90a'a and a set of xpl140's. i am very impressed with both. i haven't had a chance to biamp the 140's... but even using a fairly cheap integrated pre/power amp set up they sound great! it really depends on what your looking for in a speaker though. if i were you i would ask the father to see where the other one is! they are kind of a rare speaker to have.

I have a pair of JBL XPL140As, almost perfect gloss black... get these and you can have your 5 speaker setup fot HT.

yeah it looks like they are sold, but no word back from this guy...

grr..

http://cgi.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/post...74306&procmod&

Thread Information