Thread: Passive Monitor Thread

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    When did I restart this thread!? Well I got the cabinets finished so I could load them up and actually listened to the 2216's. One thing I did not expect was the in room bass extension. They are low tuned in 26Hz boxes so they should be rolled off but to my surprise I had real room pressurization all the way down to 20hz??!!!

I was doing sweeps to look for issues with the cabinets. Fortunately they were rattle and buzz free. With a predicted F3 at 47Hz I was expecting them to crash quickly after 30Hz or so but they just kept on going! Have any of you had similar experiences with these drivers??

Well that is actually a good thing I can always up them to 32Hz to see what happens easy enough to do just change out for a shorter middle section with nothing permanently glued up.

In a word WOW! I dropped my Heil's on top and turned them on. Balanced them out level wise and started to play some tunes. These drivers really are something! I can see why they get such good reviews the speed and clarity is really something and they hit so damn hard!? Listening to someone just strumming guitar strings was a real eye opener.

So a good day have to start the tops and find some more music to listen too!

Rob
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    "I could be arguing in my spare time"

Thread Information