Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: JBL 3 Series Powered studio Monitors

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCCA View Post
    Is that link supposed to do something or go somewhere????
    It is a company helping people in scandinavia buy stuff from the US. You get an US address.
    Thanx Odd.

Is that link supposed to do something or go somewhere????

A link on LHF created such huge traffic that their server went down.

Well, maybe not but I think they are better on logistics and shipping than server service.

The link should be ok.
    43XX (2235-2123-2450-2405-CC 3155)5235-4412-4406-4401-L250-18Ti-L40-S109 Aquarius lV-C38 (030) 305P MkII

Ordered a red pair

I had to do it. There was no choice available to me- the red is just too fun.

I think these are perfect to suggest to the wife for my upcoming birthday present. I need them like a hole in the head but they will make killer PC speakers.

Yes they're quite nice. I picked up a pair in October to use with the PC.
    DIY Array, 2242 sub, 4408, 4208, Control 8SR, E120 Guitar cab, Control 1, LSR305.

Quote Originally Posted by Odd View Post
    The link should be ok.
    I get impatient waiting for a link to load after about ten-minutes and give up. I doubt I'm different than most people in that respect! Still not working here, but then I don't need it, do I?
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

I get impatient waiting for a link to load after about ten-minutes and give up. I doubt I'm different than most people in that respect! Still not working here, but then I don't need it, do I?
    It is maybe blocked for US ip-numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by bubbleboy76 View Post
    It is maybe blocked for US ip-numbers.
    No, their server was down. Works now.
    43XX (2235-2123-2450-2405-CC 3155)5235-4412-4406-4401-L250-18Ti-L40-S109 Aquarius lV-C38 (030) 305P MkII

Received...

UPS arrived with my 305's today.

I wasted no time in getting them setup on my desk and they look stunning. The red really makes it even though I thought it might be overpowering. I put some music with decent bass on a loud loop then went out for a walk. I know it's just a minor break in but I wanted to give them at least an hour to warm up before I sat down to listen.

So...

I have to say this is $200 well spent. The imaging is the thing that grabs you first. They really throw a wide and deep sound stage and it doesn't matter too much how you move around left to right. They have a surprising amount of bass but it doesn't go super deep. The highs are very nice and detailed without being overpowering. They aren't quite at the level of the 6328's I really wanted, but they are about 1/8 the cost so there's that. This has to be one of the desktop audio bargains of the decade...now my wife and son both want a pair.

This site always ends up costing me money but I never regret it .

Next stop...M2's. Might be 5 years, might be 10...but someday....

jblnut

Glad you're enjoying them JBLnut- how's the hiss level, and what are you hooking them up with? I am lucky enough to have a (earned by building amps, I'm not wealthy) McIntosh pre/pro (MX-121) which has balanced outs and should be perfect for playing with these. I'll have to use an adaptor with my old standby Motorola DCP-501 in the bedroom (also has pre-outs but RCA).

I'm looking forward to messing with these. I heard the 308s at reasonable levels at TI dome's lansing heritage awards, and was quite impressed. Astonished, really, is maybe a better word, 'cause they were superb, and I hear the 305s are even better (makes sense- the cheap enclosures are less of an issue when panels are smaller).

Quote Originally Posted by badman View Post
    how's the hiss level, and what are you hooking them up with?
    I've never heard any hiss, even in a very quiet upstairs bedroom when trying to notice.
    I run them directly off a Crown PSL2 pre-amp with unbalanced lines in a normal listening position—not as near-field monitors. Source usually a Denon CD player.
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

I get a little hiss but I can't hear it unless I get within a foot of them. They are running off my computer (Realtek HD Audio) and the fans mask any hiss in the room.

I did some gaming tonight and I can hear my friend's talking better than I ever have. The clarity is amazing.

jblnut

Thanks guys. I'm looking forwrad to my own pair

I'm looking at a picture of the inputs. Will they take an unbalanced input? A pair of these (or the 308's) and a Chromecast Audio/BubblUPnP would make a killer 24 bit capable mini system, if they take an unbalanced input.

Quote Originally Posted by audiomagnate View Post
    I'm looking at a picture of the inputs. Will they take an unbalanced input?
    Sure. I just run RCA out from my pre-amp and use RCA-to-1/4-inch adapters into the 1/4-inch jack just like I do with all my amps. You could just as easily convert RCA output to an XLR adapter into the XLR input. Everything works but of course they'll actually be unbalanced. Makes no difference over normal length runs.

Maybe that's what's keeping the world from snapping these up and thus resulted in such heavy discounts? Fine with me. What a bargain!

Yeah, the imaging is the first thing you'll notice. After that you'll just enjoy playing them for their all-around performance.

Thread Information