Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: JBL 3 Series Powered studio Monitors

Packaging

Well packed and blemish free as a result. The Quick Set Up Guide was in the box under the speaker. Not too handy for following the unpacking instructions.

The full manual required a trip to JBLpro.com to download it. That allows language specific downloads for the user's country.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Out.

Size

Comparison to W15 GTI. (Yes, the one on the right is upside down, thank you.)
    Out.

Connection

Easy as 1-2-3... Oops, there is no 3!
    Out.

Ready

Wait for it, wait for it; there, the white light is on. Now it's time to dance!
    Out.

Sound

One of our resident experts can chime in if we need instant analysis.

I'll wait until I've had some time with them.
    Out.

Just to be clear, these are one-each to a box at a street price of $199 each currently. Correct? Not per pair?

Anxious to hear what you think. I'd like to try them next to my Pro-III Plus system I just picked up for $40 (plus amps).

Nice to see you're still inquisitive as well as acquisitive.
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCCA View Post
    Just to be clear, these are one-each to a box at a street price of $199 each currently. Correct? Not per pair?

Anxious to hear what you think. I'd like to try them next to my Pro-III Plus system I just picked up for $40 (plus amps).

Nice to see you're still inquisitive as well as acquisitive.

Yes. Easily under $200 each.
    Out.

Curious what you think I have been considering a pair from my office at work. Would replace my 4208's and Urie amps.

Rob
    "I could be arguing in my spare time"

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Dome View Post
    Wait for it, wait for it; there, the white light is on. Now it's time to dance!
    Congrats
    Tell us how about the sound?
    46 lover

Quote Originally Posted by hjames View Post
    Wrong thread - generally you would list a For Sale Item in the Lansing marketplace thread.

I don't recall many Paragon's being sold though this site - most usually appear via an Auction House -
    Price is usually dependent on condition, location, and the market, of course.
    Better money to be found AFTER Tax refund season, perhaps

Not sure many folks here are interested in those pretty but old speakers - unless there is a deal to be had.
    Hi heather,seems you changed your house configuration
    46 lover

Quote Originally Posted by martin_wu99 View Post
    Hi heather,seems you changed your house configuration
    Don't want to go off topic in this thread, please find my reply here -
    http://www.audioheritage.org/vbullet...l=1#post357278
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

Quote Originally Posted by Robh3606 View Post
    Curious what you think I have been considering a pair from my office at work. Would replace my 4208's and Urie amps.

Rob

Those could really clean up the need for extra components that's for sure.
    Always fun learning more.......

LSR 308 update

Now that I've had these up and running for a month, I can make some observations.
    1. These are easy to like. The simple, clean installation is a big plus, and they really do vanish into the background in my usually darkened room where I use them.
    2. They are now my primary gaming speakers. They provide great realism and dynamic effect. Whether it's the trampoline jump on Wii Fit U, Super Mario 3D World, or Wonderful 101, they're just great!
    3. Compared to the PT250s, which are in the same room, of course they lose. But it's a case of where a complex set up like a quad-amped, active crossover, four-way system had better be better. Heck, just one of the BSS units cost more than four 308s would. I am tempted to get one of the LSR subs (or a pair) to make it a more even fight. That could be very interesting.
    4. One area where the S308 beats the PT250 is in the HF accuracy and performance. I'm wondering how I can graft that waveguide onto an L250 cabinet.
    5. The 56 Watt amps have more than enough power for anything I need to do, even in a 2000 cubic ft. room.
    6. In addition to the LSR sub(s) I'm dreaming about, three more LSR 308s would make us a really nice surround gaming system. It's very tempting!
    7. With street prices as low as they are for these speakers, they are a phenomenal value. It's hard to imagine a better ROI in a new speaker.
    8. People who like a mellow, euphonically warm (pleasing distortion) sound should look elsewhere.
    Out.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Dome View Post
    Now that I've had these up and running for a month, I can make some observations.
    1. These are easy to like. The simple, clean installation is a big plus, and they really do vanish into the background in my usually darkened room where I use them.
    2. They are now my primary gaming speakers. They provide great realism and dynamic effect. Whether it's the trampoline jump on Wii Fit U, Super Mario 3D World, or Wonderful 101, they're just great!
    3. Compared to the PT250s, which are in the same room, of course they lose. But it's a case of where a complex set up like a quad-amped, active crossover, four-way system had better be better. Heck, just one of the BSS units cost more than four 308s would. I am tempted to get one of the LSR subs (or a pair) to make it a more even fight. That could be very interesting.
    4. One area where the S308 beats the PT250 is in the HF accuracy and performance. I'm wondering how I can graft that waveguide onto an L250 cabinet.
    5. The 56 Watt amps have more than enough power for anything I need to do, even in a 2000 cubic ft. room.
    6. In addition to the LSR sub(s) I'm dreaming about, three more LSR 308s would make us a really nice surround gaming system. It's very tempting!
    7. With street prices as low as they are for these speakers, they are a phenomenal value. It's hard to imagine a better ROI in a new speaker.
    8. People who like a mellow, euphonically warm (pleasing distortion) sound should look elsewhere.
    Thank you,very careful review
    46 lover

Those speakers look like very good engineering: great value at low cost.
    I hope this new waveguide technology will appear in other series as well (installation series for example) so that it can be get as a part.

Thread Information