Thread: Linda Ronstadt reveals her singing career has been ended by the debilitating disease

Linda Ronstadt reveals her singing career has been ended by the debilitating disease

At least there is a big discography out there to enjoy
    I've liked Linda , for many years

My Parkinson's battle: Eleven-time Grammy-winner Linda Ronstadt reveals her singing career has been ended by the debilitating disease diagnosis

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...s-disease.html
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

Thanks for the heads-up on this, Tom!

So sad to hear she's suffering from Parkinson and walks with sticks or uses a wheelchair these days ...

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2...nson-s-disease

Quote Originally Posted by SEAWOLF97 View Post
    At least there is a big discography out there to enjoy
    I've liked Linda , for many years

My Parkinson's battle: Eleven-time Grammy-winner Linda Ronstadt reveals her singing career has been ended by the debilitating disease diagnosis

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...s-disease.html
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

Referred to as "First Lady of Rock" and the "Queen of Rock", Ronstadt was voted the Top Female Pop Singer of the 1970s.

yeah , I was reading the history of the 70's supergroups. LR gave a chance to and ended up using as a backing band , thus helping launch .....The Eagles.

Another backing band featured players Don Henley, Glenn Frey, Bernie Leadon and Randy Meisner, who went on to form the Eagles. They toured with her for a short period in 1971 and played on Linda Ronstadt, her self-titled third album

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linda_Ronstadt

I have her last product ..Adieu False Heart (2006) ...and her voice is still strong & clear ....she does a really nice job on "Walk Away, Rene"
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Joni having problems too

Joni Mitchell reportedly had an aneurysm and is still unable to speak

http://theweek.com/speedreads/563411...l-unable-speak

Linda had some kind of sexy going on back in the day. I can listen to her cover of Blue Bayou on repeat.

It's always sad to witness the decline of something that was once magical. It makes me feel old at 43. The beautiful upside is that they were out there and 'doing it' and that will be their legacy.
    DIY Array, 2242 sub, 4408, 4208, Control 8SR, E120 Guitar cab, Control 1, LSR305.

My family and I went to a Jimmy Webb concert early last year I think. One of the many songs he wrote called It's all I know, first done by Art Garfunkel is sung by Linda on Jimmy's 2010 album named If You're Still Within the Sound of My Voice. Before he played it he told of the making of that album and said that Linda by then had retired due to the onset of Parkinsons but she really wanted to participate on this album. She said that if he could arrange for a local studio and go easy on her timewise she would do her best.

I never thought that song could be anything but a piano piece but it features a simple and beautiful acoustic guitar arrangement that knocks my socks off but the real treat is her voice. Maybe it's in my head but there seems to be the slightest hint of, I don't know, vulnerability? Not weakness but genuine tenderness on a level that I don't recall in her previous work that just melts me.

She will always be beautiful to me.

Barry.
    If we knew what the hell we were doing, we wouldn't call it research would we.

Barry,

Your comments about Linda, and her yearning participation on the Jimmy Webb album, really touched my heart. Thank you for sharing your thoughts on that poignant happening. I'll seek out Jimmy's album, not only for him, but for her participation in it! Over my 30 years as a professional musician, including several years doing the Vegas, Reno, Lake Tahoe circuit, Linda Ronstadt was really my most favorite female vocalist. I loved all her work, but the two albums she did with Emmy Lou Harris, and Dolly Parton, "Trio" and Trio II" are amongst my most favorite. She goes from powerful, to soft and silky, to introspective, to vulnerable, and back, and does it all with panache and style. Also, she is not bitter about the hand dealt her in her later years, but grateful for the special life she's had. I really enjoyed Joni Mitchell, too, but the last I heard, she had grown very negative, and exceedingly bitter about life, and how things turned out.

God Bless both Joni, and Linda, and may they both be comfortable in what their lives have been, and what each of them have meant to so many of their fans, me included. I am sorry that Linda can no longer sing, but feel extremely blessed that there are so many recordings of her work to enjoy in my own later years!! Again, very well done, Barry! Thanks, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
    Mark
    The only thing that can never be taken away from you, is your honor. Cherish it, in yourself, and in others.

only a little OT

My son introduced me to Johnny Cash's last albums ..

"The albums American III: Solitary Man (2000) and American IV: The Man Comes Around (2002) contained Cash's response to his illness in the form of songs of a slightly more somber tone than the first two American albums. The video that was released for "Hurt", a cover of the song by Nine Inch Nails, fits Cash's view of his past and feelings of regret. The video for the song, from American IV, is now generally recognized as "his epitaph,"[79][page needed] and received particular critical and popular acclaim."

Wow ! so genuine and touching, you can hear the pain. A real experience. He at least had time go out ..his way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TN7H...ZbkkF84m46q0Yc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vt1Pwfnh5pc

At least at this point last year, it was not that Linda couldn't sing, but that she could no longer do her best. Always an unusually knowledgeable singer technically, she spotted her problem early and knew she could no longer modulate her voice with the level of precision she required to perform at the level she wanted to. Despite repeated offers of appearances as she now is, her integrity mandated she cease performing. "I'm not going to let them pay me to bark at them."
    Information is not Knowledge; Knowledge is not Wisdom
    Too many audiophiles listen with their eyes instead of their ears

Thread Information