Thread: JBL TiK vs Revel Performa?

JBL TiK vs Revel Performa?

Hi

I have the chance to get either some JBL Ti6Ks or Revel F32s - any thoughts on how the two compare?

I can also get LSR6332, LSR6328P or LSR4328P studio monitors, not sure how these might fare though...

These will be my first ever JBL spkrs (I know! ) I've always wanted a pair after hearing some pyramid shaped floor standers once - not the L250, never did note down the model... plenty of pricey speakers in that shop, these were the only pair to at least begin to resemble a real drum kit!

Thanks!

Pyramid shaped.... 250Ti's?

Quote Originally Posted by lmd1000 View Post
    Hi

I have the chance to get either some JBL Ti6Ks or Revel F32s - any thoughts on how the two compare?
    You should judge for yourself - assuming you have a chance to listen to them. The Ti6K would be my choice based on the build quality and component quality.

Quote Originally Posted by lmd1000 View Post
    Hi

I can also get LSR6332, LSR6328P or LSR4328P studio monitors, not sure how these might fare though...

These will be my first ever JBL spkrs (I know! ) I've always wanted a pair after hearing some pyramid shaped floor standers once - not the L250, never did note down the model... plenty of pricey speakers in that shop, these were the only pair to at least begin to resemble a real drum kit!

Thanks!
    I would go for the LSR 6332's. I have owned the LSR 4328. They are good, but not great. A bit on the soft side. With both the Ti6K and the Revels you pay way more for the cabinet. Good cabinets, but still......
    2213 + 2435HPL w/aquaplas + H9800 (Matsj edition)

Quote Originally Posted by timc View Post
    I would go for the LSR 6332's. I have owned the LSR 4328. They are good, but not great. A bit on the soft side. With both the Ti6K and the Revels you pay way more for the cabinet. Good cabinets, but still......
    Actually I can get the F32s for 1/2 the price of 6332s, and Ti6K for 1/4 the price. I'm not a fan of the Revel Performa aesthetic - all a bit girl next door (and the Ultima2 looks like the mum all tarted up ). I think the LSR6332s would look way cooler on the right stands just i suspect they might need a sub really...

Quote Originally Posted by rdgrimes View Post
    You should judge for yourself - assuming you have a chance to listen to them.
    Unfortunately, it is impossible to listen to these before buying - they are special deals, closed box. Except for the studio monitors which I could order and return...

Quote Originally Posted by martin2395 View Post
    Pyramid shaped.... 250Ti's?
    No, something else...

I agree about the Revel cabinets, they look cheesy. The LSR6332 has a composite cab, which I've never liked the sound of. Give me MDF every time. Honestly I'd expect to get the best sound from the Ti6K, but they'll want a sub too. Never underestimate the value of a time aligned baffle.

Ti6k

I'm biase but I favor the 6's ( I now have the 10's) http://www.ebay.com/itm/291015687028...84.m1586.l2649
    JBL Ti10k, Ti6K, Performance Series PC600, 2 Krell KAV 250A/3, Krell HTS, Sonus Faber Grand Piano Home and Mac1900

Thread Information