Hello,

In my journey in the land of subwooferia I purchased a minidsp to use as an eq for my sub. The sub is in a sealed cabinet so it starts to roll off around 30hz. The unit is a dsp as I'm sure you've figured out. The company that makes it is called minidsp and so is there website. They have many different units with more ins and outs then mine. Mine is primarily made for 2 way crossover duty. You can purchase different plugins from the company though. They allow you to do different things with the dsp.

Anyway I decided to try and use it to biamp my speakers. I'll use at or around 800hz point. But I'll also be able to test different frequencies now.

I figured some of you may be interested in the results I get with it. So figured I start this here thread about it. I already have an issue with most digital devices in the signal path. I can't stand the hiss. I know that there's a few good ones out there that have remedied this. We will see if minidsp is one. Since my speakers are of pretty high efficiency, it will be pretty obvious if they have not.

Nick