Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Amplifiers are more significant than you may think!

PSS AUDIO
    Originally posted by IDF
    I don’t like to sound negative but that looks like a medium quality karaoke-like.
    The prices they are sold are cheap, abradabrant to the actually high labour and social costs in France.
    Shame or laugh at you, you have the choice:

Have you ever-tried one; have you ever-heard one to write such nonsense’s?

Did you ever have in your hands an amplifier with such a brilliant balanced input as ours?

PSS amplifiers are compared to audiophile amplifiers and works even better than well-known brands.

That is why they are sold in more than 60 countries!

Our Swedish distributor thinks that PSS amplifiers sound better than a Hafler amplifier and cost half of its price!

And so on!

If you have a high speed Internet connexion, just follow this link and you will read the latest test bench printed on a PSS amplifier, English written.

http://www.pssaudio.com/presse/BESONO-500US-2003.PDF

If you think that an item must be cost-effective to be good, then you still have a lot to learn.

High labour in France can be easily supported with a well designed item, and our amplifier do not need more than one hour to be built from scratch.

In such a case why the hell do you think we need to go somewhere over there, in the Far East, to get our amplifiers built!

But one must know that French people do not like what is French, they think that what is made overseas is obviously better.

The main difference between French and other, all of them saying that they are the best; others first buy the local production while French don’t.

By the way, remember the bird, the emblem of France, the “coq”, it is the only bird able to sing both feet in the mud.

Monsieur vous un triste sire, simplement méprisable, ne me répondez pas je vous ignore.

Translation: You are a poor guy, just miserable; do not answer me you will be ignored.

PSS AUDIO
    For those reading Spanish (others may understand what is said about our quality compared to very well known brands):

RE: Llegó la bestia... PSS 2400

Pues si como dice Eduardo "llego la bestia PSS2400", y afirmo el comentario, es un amplificador de una rigurosa construcción, nada que ver con otras marcas de "alto nivel" como crown o crest, basta con ver su interior para imaginarse como se escucha, ya lo instale lo probe a menos de su 25% de capacidad con un par de bocinas TL3252 de Yorkville, suena perfecto, no es necesario alterar el sonido con EQ el solo brinda un perfecto balance de tonalidades en la musica, graves excelentes, definidos, claros y robustos, Medios claros, sin lastimar, potentes, Augudos nada brillantes, no chillones, no te desquisian, no saturados, en resumen un excelente amplificador para grandes cantidas de presion sonora, esten pendientes para la desmostración oficial de León Audio e Iluminación, sera un evento con excelente sonido a escalas mayores.

Saludos

This is the original link: http://miarroba.com/foros/ver.php?te...4f2f5a295da597

Originally posted by PSS AUDIO
    Shame or laugh at you, you have the choice:

By the way, remember the bird, the emblem of France...is the only bird able to sing both feet in the mud.

You are a poor guy, just miserable; do not answer me you will be ignored.
    Hey, uh, Yuri, easy-does-it, eh?

IDF posted his opinion, and he's entitled - as are you. So far as we know, IDF was being objective and not marketing/selling anything. If he is selling/promoting, it is certainly not obvious, and he was quite polite.

Maybe it would be easier if you realize that most of us here care ONLY about JBL - transducers, application, repair and most of all, the lore.

The only comment I have is that you should have started this Thread in "Marketplace" - that is where it truly belonged. Regardless, it has been very informative, and remains interesting.

Now, can you go over the bird-in-the-mud thing again - that lost me...
    bo

"Indeed, not!!"

No no,

You miss the point,

(If you get shat on the head by a passing bird thats good luck)

I think everyones entitled to be passionate about their product provided its in the right spirit and has some benefit to the uninitiated, but marketing belongs in the marketplace.

Ian
    Last edited by Ian Mackenzie; 09-18-2003 at 01:30 PM.

PSS AUDIO
    Originally posted by boputnam
    IDF posted his opinion, and he's entitled - as are you.
    Of course all of us can and must post his very own opinion, but I apologize, this is a direct critic from someone who never had in his hands what he is speaking about and to justify his words says, as it is inexpensive, it cannot be good!

Just nonsense’s that I cannot let go through.

If all the messages posted and not directly related to JBL are pulled out the boards, I doubt that there would be lot left…

PSS AUDIO
    The only comment I have is that you should have started this Thread in "Marketplace" - that is where it truly belonged.
    I never intended and whished to promote PSS AUDIO on this board.

I always asked if I could post test results before doing it (read my previous posts).

As several readers were or seemed to be interested in PSS AUDIO quality, I thought that they might be interested about a test going on and that a feedback would be appreciated.

If this is too much, I ask my account to be closed and I will definitively quit the place but never will I accept that an ignorant person can post an opinion without knowing what he is speaking about.

Originally posted by PSS AUDIO
    I never intended and whished to promote PSS AUDIO on this board. I always asked if I could post test results before doing it (read my previous posts).
    You have been very helpful in explaining much amplifier jargon, and pointing out what really matters!

As several readers were or seemed to be interested in PSS AUDIO quality, I thought that they might be interested about a test going on and that a feedback would be appreciated.
    It was and has been very, very interesting.

IDF admitted he had only READ the reviews, and so I think we will all keep that in perspective. He did credit - I think - PSS with having good prices, especially since they are made in France with its higher costs. I don't know - I'm waiting for a chance to test PSS myself!

If this is too much, I ask my account to be closed and I will definitively quit the place but never will I accept that an ignorant person can post an opinion without knowing what he is speaking about.
    Nope, not possible! No way! Your input has been very helpful, as I said (at least to me ). I was only hoping you wouldn't get too upset that someone posted their views which didn't agree with yours. I don't know who is right, but don't think either of you "ignorant" - audio preference is all about personal opinion.

Me? I LOVE AlNiCo motors!
    Last edited by boputnam; 09-18-2003 at 01:49 PM.
    bo

"Indeed, not!!"

Aw heck, Yuri...

I jumped in and tried to save you from getting upset - all I done is make you mad at me and the Forum! When IDF posted that "review" I felt because it was sure to make you mad.

Anyway, I'll just delete myself outa this spat, and hope you two find common ground...
    bo

"Indeed, not!!"

Yuri,

I personally love your commentary regards amplifier design, I myself now a class A preacher and I am sure there is much black art and romance with amplifiers that can entice all us JBL nutters before nailing our ears completely full of holes...muhhahahaah.. So please hang around....

JBL have a reputation for this in the non JBL camps and I'm sure the same holds true for amps. No doubt you has seen the site but have a look at diyaudio.com......they spend night and day talking about it.

I also have a great friend Hugh Dean of ASKA amplifier fame who I am sure would love to correspond with you on the merits of amplifier design. Please send me a pm for Hughs email address.

Ian

Hey, Ian...

Wanna do a favour for a Yank?

NETWORK ENTERTAINEMENT
    Unit 2 98 Old Pittwater road
    Brookvale
    2100 NSW

Phone : + 61 2 9905 5997
    Fax : + 61 2 9905 9440
    Email : [email protected]
    http://www.network-et.com

It would be great to get your ears around one of these. Maybe with Yuri's blessing, they'd let you taste-test it at home!

I'm in for expenses. Anyone else?
    bo

"Indeed, not!!"

Obsolete
    Me? I LOVE AlNiCo motors!
    Now that's ignorant!

PSS AUDIO
    IDF admitted he had only READ the reviews ...
    And he thinks that he can write:

I don’t like to sound negative but that looks like a medium quality karaoke-like.

The prices they are sold are cheap, abradabrant to the actually high labour and social costs in France.

I can admit all critics from someone knowing what he is speaking about (I had in hands one of your last amplifiers and I must say that changing your knobs and potentiometers was a good idea as the one you used before were from a poor quality; the sand paint you use is great but the rear label does not stick well, I damaged my hands as there is no handles on your amps, etc.).

Never will I admit that someone, just by reading a post, looking at a schematic or whatever can place a negative opinion as a positive one!

As sound quality cannot be translated by numbers, it is a lie saying that this amplifier is a medium quality karaoke amplifier (everybody knows that karaoke amplifiers are the poorest amplifiers in sound quality).

One can and must speak about what he really knows.

The price argument is as poor as the post.

Because I have a ROLEX, your OMEGA is just pure dirt. It sounds quite the same (ROLEX is by far more expensive than an OMEGA watch) than the pricing of PSS amplifiers!

Nope, not possible! No way! Your input has been very helpful, as I said (at least to me ). I was only hoping you wouldn't get too upset ...
    Upset I was ...

Hey Bo you Yank,

This place is a industrial zone now, not more amplifiers please , chickie babs is already frightened.

Maybe in a week or two.

Ian
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Nice!

bo

"Indeed, not!!"

IDF
    do not answer me you will be ignored.
    __________________________________________________ __

That's an easy way.
    Please, could you offer a translation in English of these rewiew tests :

SONO MAGASINE
    Banc d'essai de l'amplificateur SAP 2300 de la marque PSS

SONO MAGASINE
    Banc d'essai du filtre actif SEX 2318 de la marque PSS

SONO MAGASINE
    Banc d'essai de l'amplificateur SAP 2200P de la marque PSS

SONO MAGASINE
    Banc d'essai de l'amplificateur SAP 2120 de la marque PSS

SONO MAGASINE
    Banc d'essai de l'enceinte LSE 400 de la marque PSS

SONO MAGASINE
    Banc d'essai de l'amplificateur SAP 2400 (7-L) de la marque PSS

Thank you.
    Last edited by IDF; 09-19-2003 at 10:13 PM.

Thread Information