Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: The Las Vegas Audio Club

Quote Originally Posted by 1audiohack View Post
    Don't forget the 4350's still have the 2440-2311-2308 driver horn lense assemblies in them. That is definitely a weakness. Widget's Everests sound far better over all.

It was a major awakening to replace the 15's and 12's with the Al's and Fe's and being four way active allows for serious tailoring of the sound, especially the bottom. I have stated before that the Auto Warmth feature in the DBX 4800 is itself worth the price of admission. It's all a system. And I love it!

The meeting is going to be fun! The 4350's are not going to be there though.

Barry.
    Yes it will be. That's the idea! Oh. ok. Too bad, but you have more tricks up your sleeve, so to speak.
    S4700 owner.

Quote Originally Posted by grumpy View Post
    anyone interested in carpooling from the roughly "Los Angeles" area?

-dave/grumpy

Do you think you could include Denver in that "Roughly" LA area!!

I would like to come but I am not sure that is a quick Saturday morning drive!

Have fun Guys!!
    Always fun learning more.......

I gotta learn to be more specific and less pacific

United Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Amurica, Inc.
    ...there's always the Atlantic.

This would really be a blast if all you guys came!

Barry.
    If we knew what the hell we were doing, we wouldn't call it research would we.

This would really be a blast if all you guys came!

Barry.
    Yes, we will allow one time visitors. But if you wanna be a member, check out this link. Thanks.

http://lasvegasaudioclub.blogspot.co...p-in-lvac.html
    S4700 owner.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave_72 View Post
    Yes, we will allow one time visitors. But if you wanna be a member,

Easy Trigger!

Talking

Easy Trigger!
    Sorry, check your email.
    S4700 owner.

Greetings, Barry, Dave, and All,

So, from the last comment, are you going to allow non-members to come and visit for a bit, or are you just trying to keep this shindig only for your dues paid membership? Sweet Bride just got back from three weeks of work in Australia, and I'm not sure she will be over the 19 hour time difference by Saturday. But, if she's up to it, and if your event is actually open for LH member/visitors, we might consider making the drive, grabbing a hotel room for the night, and heading home the next day. As I say, we won't know for a few more days. But, please clarify if regular LH members are welcome to visit, or not. Sounded, from the last comments, that it was going to end up being more private, and for your local members, only. Thanks, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
    Doc
    The only thing that can never be taken away from you, is your honor. Cherish it, in yourself, and in others.

Hi Doc;

There has been a little behind the scenes action over dues that bled over here. The club voted on the dues subject and voted unanimously in favor of. There has been a little balking in the background however but little things like that never spoil our fun!

Dave and I have spoken about this at length and I am certain I wont be putting words in his mouth when I say come one and all. No dues are asked for or expected from visitors to the club. The first drugs are always free haha.

This is shaping up to be a lot of fun from the people coming point of veiw. I hope not to dissapoint as host. This is going to be a little industrial.

To be sure, we would love to have you come.

All thr best,
    Barry.

Greetings, Barry, and All,

Many thanks for the clarification! I picked up my wife yesterday, after her three weeks of working down in Australia, and didn't think she'd be up for a trip to LV, after the 19 hour time difference. However, this morning, after she got to sleep in a bit, I mentioned a possible trip, and she was all for it!! So, we'll be coming over for a visit, and some JBL fun!! I talked to Grumpy about riding over with us, but unfortunately, if he can make it, and I VERY much hope that he can, our schedules for coming and going are too different to be able to ride together.

I'll check the Las Vegas forum, and see about phone numbers, and addresses, and all that info, and may be sending you a PT about that, Barry, if I can't find what I need. Thanks, again, for the updated info, and we will look forward to seeing you on Saturday!! Take care, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
    Doc (Mark)
    The only thing that can never be taken away from you, is your honor. Cherish it, in yourself, and in others.

PM on the way.

Hey, Barry,

Got it!! Thanks, and see you on Saturday! God Bless!

Mark

Hi Doc;

There has been a little behind the scenes action over dues that bled over here. The club voted on the dues subject and voted unanimously in favor of. There has been a little balking in the background however but little things like that never spoil our fun!

Dave and I have spoken about this at length and I am certain I wont be putting words in his mouth when I say come one and all. No dues are asked for or expected from visitors to the club. The first drugs are always free haha.

This is shaping up to be a lot of fun from the people coming point of veiw. I hope not to dissapoint as host. This is going to be a little industrial.

To be sure, we would love to have you come.

All thr best,
    Barry.
    The overwhelming majority of members have paid the membership dues or will pay at the meeting. There are a few members that look like they're not willing. That's pretty good odds in favor of. We're transitioning from an informal to a formal club and in the process, you're gonna face a bit of resistance. That is what I've learned from the whole thing. And correct, no dues will be asked for from visitors for 1 meeting only. Subsequent meetings require club membership. If anyone here wishes to join, it's $30 annually via PayPal or cash at the meetings. But if paying cash, just give me your word that you will pay. Also, a brief questionaire must be filled out via email. Anyway, see you there Doc! Thanks!
    S4700 owner.

Evening, Dave,

Thank you for the additional information and clarification! We will are looking forward to meeting all the LV LH members, and others from that area that love JBL as do we! Thanks for your kindness in allowing us all to visit, and we look forward to a good time and some good fun there in Las Vegas!! See you tomorrow, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
    Doc and Sweet Bride

Thread Information