Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Sub for Everest DD66000.

Quote Originally Posted by DynaMax View Post
    Dear POS

Very interesting; unfortunately the 2269H is not in the Data-bass..?

Anyway - I just ordered 4 x 2269H from an US retailer.. Thats gonna be tried out, despite the BMS are much cheaper.

This is also about my emotions; - I am a passionated JBL freak - and I think a real "Everest EX" must have Top-Quality JBL drivers installed, not my EVX or the BMS..

Kind regards
    Henrik, DynaMax
    www.dynamax.dk
    Hi DynaMax,

May be the data from the:
    http://www.jblpro.com/ProductAttachm...BL_5628_v7.pdf

Fs about 26~28 Hz can help in Your project.

Regards
    ivica
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by ivica View Post
    Hi DynaMax,

May be the data from the:
    http://www.jblpro.com/ProductAttachm...BL_5628_v7.pdf

Fs about 26~28 Hz can help in Your project.

Regards
    ivica
    Hey Ivica

Thats new to me? Why didn't I see this earlier ?.. aha, it is brand new stuff; It has just been introduced by october 2014.
    I wonder what its price gonna be.
    Enclosure size 506 liters. Then tell me the dimension of the port to hit that tune. Thank you so much.

Henrik

Quote Originally Posted by DynaMax View Post
    Hey Ivica

That's new to me? Why didn't I see this earlier ?.. aha, it is brand new stuff; It has just been introduced by October 2014.
    I wonder what its price gonna be.
    Enclosure size 506 liters. Then tell me the dimension of the port to hit that tune. Thank you so much.

Henrik
    Hi DynaMax,

Using BB6pro SW with 2 drivers in the box of Vb=506 Lit, and tuned Fb=27Hz, with rectangular port 20x35cm expected length= 31.1cm,
    If applied 50Veff ( about 625W), about 130dB/1m would be expectable, max.air vent-speed about 10.6m/s around 23Hz, with almost 6dB
    headroom for EQ from that frequency (and up), in Xmax, and Pmax, in order to compensate FR linearity at low frequency.

So using two boxes you can produce over 130dB/1m (attached figure about +6dB added to single box-repose),
    from 23Hz and up, but the amp has to be minimum 2 x 2400W, if You decide to EQ about +6dB...
    So, You can reproduce almost jet engine sound ( 140dB at about 33m distance) in your listening room. I believe that a kind of room effect would help too.

http://www.gcaudio.com/resources/howtos/loudness.html

so, may be DD66k would become limitation factor, as their power rating of only 500W, ( using its efficiency of 96dB/1W/1m) can
    deliver only 123 dB/1m/500W, but as You prefer a little more lower bass region, then such system can technically satisfy your needs.

regards
    ivica
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Widget View Post
    I guess it depends on your room to some extent but mostly the music you listen to. For '70s rock or vintage Jazz... there is no bass below about 40Hz and a sub isn't a consideration... however there are numerous classical recordings and modern pieces of music with very deep bass. The DD66000 as designed does not reproduce subterranean bass. It simply wasn't designed to do it. I don't often miss that, in fact if I play "Thank You" from Boz Scaggs' Dig Album the room pressurizes from the "deep" bass. You would say adding a sub is ridiculous, however I have a number of tracks that have very low frequency content... these would benefit from a true sub.

Back to the original poster. I have considered this myself. I would go the 1500 Array or the Revel Rhythm2 route. I definitely would not use a 2242. I have build subs with them... I don't think the have the extension or refinement necessary. I actually bought a Revel 12" baby brother to the Rhythm2 that I'll be trying out. In my room I don't have space to hide the 1500 Array or the massive Rhythem2 sub. As long as SPLs are reasonable the small 12" sub should be fine. As suggested by Mr. BWM... the need is minimal. I will give it a whirl, but I haven't had time to hook it up and balance it into my system.

Widget
    Thanks To You certainly has very low content for testing sub bass!!! Great album.

Quote Originally Posted by lpd View Post
    Thanks To You certainly has very low content for testing sub bass!!! Great album.
    Yes, when the Harman Mobil listening truck travelled to our area a few years back and demoed Mark levinson Amps and revell speakers,
    Boz's "Thanks to You" from DIG was one of the tracks they used, as was "Walking on Sacred Ground" from Janis Ian's Breaking Silence album.
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

Quote Originally Posted by hjames View Post
    Yes, when the Harman Mobil listening truck travelled to our area a few years back and demoed Mark levinson Amps and revell speakers,
    Boz's "Thanks to You" from DIG was one of the tracks they used, as was "Walking on Sacred Ground" from Janis Ian's Breaking Silence album.
    I'll second (or third!) Thanks to You from Boz. It rattles the dishes in the kitchen above my listening room and shakes the furniture around like an earthquake.

Morning, All,

Yes, the Boz Scaggs "Dig" album is a fine one to hear some deep digital bass! Thanks to Heather for recommending it, a few years ago, and I have to say, we listen to it quite often, and always marvel at the great talent that is highlights on that album, from musicians, and the recording studio staff!! Excellent stuff! Take care, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
    Doc
    The only thing that can never be taken away from you, is your honor. Cherish it, in yourself, and in others.

Thanks for the kudos, but truth be told, I think the original recommend for Dig came from Zilch (god rest his soul, and his bass) ...
    I've just been re-advocating ever since ... its amazing ...

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Mark View Post
    Morning, All,

Yes, the Boz Scaggs "Dig" album is a fine one to hear some deep digital bass! Thanks to Heather for recommending it, a few years ago, and I have to say, we listen to it quite often, and always marvel at the great talent that is highlights on that album, from musicians, and the recording studio staff!! Excellent stuff! Take care, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
    Doc
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

Morning, Heather,

I had no idea that the original suggestion came from Zilch. So, I thank him, in absentia, and you, too! I very much miss having him here at LH, but know that someplace up there, he's probably looking down and smiling at our comments, and also our efforts to enjoy "real" bass on JBL systems!! May he rest in peace! Take care, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
    Doc
    The only thing that can never be taken away from you, is your honor. Cherish it, in yourself, and in others.

If you're not afraid of a little structural damage, you can try the 24/176.4 version of Liszt/Prelude on B-A-C-H from Reference Recordings. This little ditty made me realize that a single BGW 602B wasn't near enough for my sub swarm. BTW, I take absolutely no responsibility for any system damage or involuntary bowel movements this cut may cause.

Quote Originally Posted by audiomagnate View Post
    If you're not afraid of a little structural damage, you can try the 24/176.4 version of Liszt/Prelude on B-A-C-H from Reference Recordings. This little ditty made me realize that a single BGW 602B wasn't near enough for my sub swarm. BTW, I take absolutely no responsibility for any system damage or involuntary bowel movements this cut may cause.
    I will have to try that recording on my Waveform Mach speakers. This cabinet builder really knew how to build a cab for a JBL 2235.

Quote Originally Posted by ivica View Post
    Hi DynaMax,

Using BB6pro SW with 2 drivers in the box of Vb=506 Lit, and tuned Fb=27Hz, with rectangular port 20x35cm expected length= 31.1cm,
    If applied 50Veff ( about 625W), about 130dB/1m would be expectable, max.air vent-speed about 10.6m/s around 23Hz, with almost 6dB
    headroom for EQ from that frequency (and up), in Xmax, and Pmax, in order to compensate FR linearity at low frequency.

So using two boxes you can produce over 130dB/1m (attached figure about +6dB added to single box-repose),
    from 23Hz and up, but the amp has to be minimum 2 x 2400W, if You decide to EQ about +6dB...
    So, You can reproduce almost jet engine sound ( 140dB at about 33m distance) in your listening room. I believe that a kind of room effect would help too.

http://www.gcaudio.com/resources/howtos/loudness.html

so, may be DD66k would become limitation factor, as their power rating of only 500W, ( using its efficiency of 96dB/1W/1m) can
    deliver only 123 dB/1m/500W, but as You prefer a little more lower bass region, then such system can technically satisfy your needs.

regards
    ivica
    Hi Ivica

Thnak you so much. I will let you know when the system has been upgraded to the 2269H. 4 units has been ordered. Next thing are to find the 2 x 2400 watt power amps

I guess the recommended 2400watts are 4 Ohm (2 x 2269H i parallel = 4 Ohm), and I am considering 2 x the EMOTIVA XPR 1 mono-block

Henrik, DynaMax
    www.dynamax.dk

I just read this thread looking for SUB info in general. Most of it made my head hurt. I have no idea on all the tech stuff. One thing that I found interesting is JBLPro now offer a sub to compliment the M2. Im sure that all that means is there are SOME instances where a person may want that option?

http://www.jblpro.com/www/products/r...8#.V4DQJ1fkv8s
    Jbl L15, S4600

Wow, that SUB 18 is awesome. Wonder how much they are?

Quote Originally Posted by Chas View Post
    Wow, that SUB 18 is awesome. Wonder how much they are?
    $3250 at B&H
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

Thread Information