Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: buzzing sound from vintage JBL amp?

Quote Originally Posted by script56 View Post
    No. Have not heard that. Each time I plugged it in the fuse blew. So I took it into shop. I don't understand why they would say they couldn't find caps if they're readily available. They said something about the originals being 4 pin or something.
    Hummmm... Actually I bought two SE400S in good condition from ebay, but returned them due to that annoying thump when they're plugged in. In my case, I had no fuse problem at all for the two units. By the way, I see SE400S and SA600 was equipped with the so-called T-Circuit electronics, and I wonder if it had anything to do with this issue...

I got the amp back from shop. I told them to leave it apart so I can replace caps myself. PYONC are the large can type filter caps original on your se400s? What are the numbers on it so i can find original replacements?

I got info about replacing caps, but still trying to translate.

JBL use original capacitor is I am using 4500UF 40VDC. This capacitor has come out to another is specially negative terminal but exhibit as well as the normal FP capacitor CAN case has become negative. Therefore there is a need to slightly change were or wiring insulation the case. Capacity will be a little smaller, but the original capacitor voltage is barely to use voltage is born but 10V minute margin than it. During replacement it is desirable that the capacity of the positive side and negative side power supply circuit is set to be the same amount. Is required aging before use because it is quite old electrolytic capacitor.

Also my amplifier looks like it has a different set up than most. Most that I see online have four large and pastors. Mine only has two.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Other side

Quote Originally Posted by script56 View Post
    Also my amplifier looks like it has a different set up than most. Most that I see online have four large and pastors. Mine only has two.
    Yea, mine had four capacitors, like those you see in the pics. As far as I know, the original SE400S has four capacitors made in USA.
    I don't remember the serial no, but it was late #6,000.
    For more reference pics, you can google its images and there are hundreds...

One more pic of the circuit board.

Actually I had to let go this SE400s in great original condition due to the bang noise/thump when plugged in.
    Later I heard that noise had something to do with its internal T-circuit electrons...

Thread Information