Hi everyone,

I am new to this forum. I joined after reading some great information posted by others and learned alot about the JBL product line.

I am planning building my own Heartsfield speakers and have a few questions on drivers.
Currently my planned driver lineup is: D130, 2441 (or 2440 w/ w2441 diaphragm), and 075 tweeter. Crossovers: 3115 and N7000

My first question: Will the D130 be a good fit to replace the 150-4C or is there a better option for the bass driver? I have done a bit of research and have seen it used before in Heartsfields.

Second: Is there a less expensive equivalent to the N7000 crossover? I did some looking around and couldn't find the crossover frequency of the N7000. I assume it is 7kHz.

Third: Are there any cheaper and more available options for the horn and lens used in the Heartsfield? Should I use a different horn and lens than the original since I am not using the 375? (any have a pair to part with?)

Fourth: The 3115 Crossover states to use an 8ohm woofer load and a 16 ohm high frequency load. Can I use a 16ohm woofer? I saw on another JBL data sheet or advert that you can use either an 8 or a 16ohm. Also what should I connect for my amplifier impedance if the crossover is running both an 8 and 16 ohm load?

This is going to be one massive project but I am ready for the challenge!

Thanks for any help
Matt