Well, it's a long story. My late dad had a pair of mint JBL 4311, but they were stolen in a burglary. Right now I'm searching for replacement.

I have found a pair of used JBL 4311 with reasonable price range. The cabinets are still pretty good (light scratches, nothing serious), but the woofer dust cap (the black dome in the middle) suffered quite significant dent. The seller said that something has hit the woofer's surface.

Cosmetically, I believe I merely need a re-cone kit (which is quite abundant on ebay), but what are the chances that the woofer is also damaged?

I have contacted the seller, she said that the sound is still perfect despite the dent. Also, she has tested the Presence and Brilliance knobs, and the sound changes properly. The knobs are also in perfect condition, ie no loose knobs.

I cannot test the speakers myself because they're in the UK, but the seller has a hundred percent positive feedback and appear to be trustable.

What are the chances that the woofer was actually damaged? Based on your experience, does an impact on the dust cap usually damage the woofer as well?

Many, many thanks