Thread: JBL 240ti rescued

JBL 240ti rescued

I purchased a basket case pair of these sepakers mainly due to a listening session I had back in the mid-80's.

I sent the woofer frames, with their duct tape reside, along with the smashed up 104H's and a pair of NOS recone kits for them I found to Ken of Upland Loudspeaker Service, for rehab. I have working tweeters but if anyone has a pair of replacement diaphrams for the 044ti's, please let me know.

I finished the grills, which had shredded brown cloth, with my last of the blue gloth I had purchased many moons ago from Zilch (god rest his soul).

So my question is now centered around the crossovers, any thoughts on how "crazy" I should go with quality of caps? I heard somewhere that low ESR caps (Vishay for example), might require a change to the overall design and I should swap value for like value. Thoughts please. I will start breaking them in this evening, can't wait!

Basement: JBL SVA-1800 and 2226H DIY Enclosures Computer room: Control-5:Control SB-2 Living room: JBL 240ti

Just do the CC mod with Daytons, Bennics or solens. You will be very happy with the outcome.
    Always fun learning more.......

Congratulations on a great find. I used to have a pair and really enjoyed them. In particular, they had really nice, taught, low end. Enjoy!

Thread Information