Thread: JBL OnBeat Xtreme

JBL OnBeat Xtreme

I just purchased one of these for £200 and to say I'm impressed is an understatement.

Does anyone here know how they managed to get that bottom end out of two 3.5" drivers? I've measured useful response down to 35Hz and the quality is amazing within the units volume limits. No bass port chuffing...just incredibly linear.

All I can find on the web is they use long excursion 'Atlas' woofers. There is a serious port on the rear but I cant gind any published envlosure 3D cutaways.

It's really made me wonder where small active speakers + Class-D + DSP designs are heading.

I wish JBL would let the same designers loose on a £3k active home system as they are obviously into some serious R&D.

Maron Horonzakz
    They dont give you the distortion numbers,,,Doppler distortion would be pretty high..

Yes, I would have expected high intermodulation distortion but this thing just sounds good. Midrange stays clear at high bass excursion. Another thing is the on and off axis response is very similar. They really have worked wonders with this thing

I'm tempted to pick one of these up Andy.
    Does it have a line-in?

Frank

Yes it does.
    But the quality using Bluetooth is amazing as well. Bluetooth has come a long way in terms of bandwidth.

Just buy one from Richer Sounds online for £209 and it will be there in 3 days..free delivery.

When it arrives, don't just crank it up full and judge the sound. It really comes into its own at more moderate levels.

Whathifi gave it dock of the year 2012 at £500 and they use them in their office for Spotify listening. Its ideal for that. I stream to it in our office using laptop Bluetooth.

Thread Information