Thread: Have Custom Speakers - Need Help!

Have Custom Speakers - Need Help!

Hello! I was recently given a tremendous set of speakers and I have NO idea what they are capable of. I have attached several pictures of the three custom speaker boxes I was given. They were originally used to amplify an Allan Organ, and are custom built. Basically, I am hoping someone knowledgeable of these products and speaker set ups in general can help me figure out what I have. I would essentially like to know if they can be used as is for something else, like a record player or something. Do I need a receiver, and could I do anything to hook these up together? Or are they only going to work for an Allan organ the way they are set up? Basically, any information you could provide would be incredibly helpful and appreciated, even if it doesn't directly answer my questions above! Thank you in advance to anyone who takes the time to respond!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Looks like 3 distinctly different speaker boxes.
    Probably won't be much help for the usual Stereo playback requirements.

Are you a musician?

Are you willing to set them up as a mono system?
    What would you like to do with them?
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

Looks like an interesting vintage organ speaker system. You have a single JBL 075 bullet tweeter and a variety of alnico and ceramic woofers that are of significantly lower quality than JBL or Altec. Not to say that they might not rumble pretty well, but they are not quite the same caliber.

If your goal is hi-fi music reproduction, you might be able to scavenge a pair of woofers and the single JBL tweeter and make something work by adding a second tweeter and a pair of mids.

Widget

You might get luck too, if that's an amp in the tremolo cabinet. Plus the speakers in the term cabinet might be good for midrange. Another jbl 2402 and you just need 2 boxes.

Or if that chassis is an amp you can build yourself a nice mono rig. But that amp might be band limited. A little research might clear somethings up. Google Allan organ bass cabinet or similar.

Nick.

Thread Information