Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2450 Dia

Maron Horonzakz
    Boy now Im really confused!!!! I thought the 2450SL was smooth Plus the aquaplaz coating. Like the 475......We need photos of all the large diaphrams and properly labled to stop this confusion. I thought JBl was going to list this for us in due time. Well its now DUE.

Obsolete
    "I thought JBl was going to list this for us in due time."

We've been working on other things. The diaphragms have taken a back seat for now.

Niklas, use the original diaphragms for the 475Nd's (D8R475ND). The S9500 is a pretty tight system. I would recommend keeping it as intended.

Maron Horonzakz
    Do I have to throw a snit fit & pee all over the place? I never get what I want "sniff"

Maron,
    Boy now Im really confused!!!! I thought the 2450SL was smooth Plus the aquaplaz coating.
    - It is .
    - I have (2) 2450SL that are smooth with an aquaplas coating . I believe JBL just takes a stock 2445 ( 8 ohm Ti ) diaphragm and adds the aquaplas. That "works" because they are essentially taking their most "under-damped" R&R 4" diaphragm and adding a bit of damping to it ( to make it more HiFi acceptable ) Understand, this is just my own opinion/editorial . BTW, IME, JBLs' 8 ohm diaphragms are more underdamped than their 16 ohm varieties .

- SubWoof is the expert on all the combinations & permutations of these things .

Maron Horonzakz
    Earl K......Thank you I feel better now.

JBL 4" diaphram group shot coming soon

Greetings o seekers of the grail....

I will post a group photo of the JBL large format diaphrams soon. I will be laid up while I recover from hernia surgery ( DAMN those 4345's ) next week and can dig thru the "wall of shame" in the shop.

Might not have a D8R2450SL-a so I might have to spraypaint a 2450 for the group shot ( assuming I have 2 )

I will include the 3" variant and also some examples of altec and gauss if they are still there.

And for the DIY guys, a group shot of the small format thread-on ( 2412,16,17,18 ) types.
    subwoof

can't wait for the pics...

I have always been curious of the different diaphrams used in compression drivers.
    Ron

Come on!

Please post the picks!

paragon

2450 Dia

Thank you all four your answers !!

Eckhard

paragon

Smooth Operator

Just hear "Smooth Operator" from Shade.
    Face to face....
    He`s heart is cold....

paragon

You let me down

Its like a Cannonball !
    Whatīs it ???

Obsolete
    What!?

I'm confused...

Has anyone listened to ribbed vs. smooth diaphragms? How do they sound different? Do the ribs have an effect at low, as well as high spls?

I am using 2450SL drivers which (I believe) have smooth, aquaplas coated diaphragms. I think a later version, the 2450SL-A, added the ribs. Does anyone know if this is worth changing diaphragms for? Thanks.

I don't know the answer to your question, but I would like to add to the confusion by saying that I just received shipment on a (sealed box) NOS D16R2451SL diaphragm and it is smooth and coated. I plan to fit it into one of my 2447's and give a listen.

David

dont no nutin' bout history

I mentioned to the seller that the diaphram didn't match the box. He elected not to edit his listing. What you have is a D16R2450SL. The 16 ohm version is/was used in the HLA touring products and I suspect also as one of the japanese variants.

It would make an excellent upgrade for the 2440 assuming the purists aren't offended. I used them in floor wedge monitors and it tamed them quite well.

sub

Thread Information