Need some opinions on McIntosh gear.

Right now I'm powering my L150s with a McIntosh C32 preamp and a Pioneer SA-8800 standing in as the power amp (80 w/ch). I use AudioQuest Evergreen interconnects.

I have been searching for a McIntosh Power Amp to replace the Pioneer. Initially, I was thinking something like a MC2500, but now I've also been wondering how something like a MC7270 would compare? They seem similar in specs, although the MC2500 is a tank, probably due to the build quality for durability?

There is a MC7270 locally on CL that has been listed for awhile and the seller is asking $1,500 right now, seems like a good deal (seller claims 8/10 for condition). I'm probably looking at about $2,500 for a MC2500. Another option in that $1,000-1,500 range is the MC2205, but 200 w/ch might be a little less than I'm looking for.

This will be my first really "nice" piece of audio gear (aside from the C32 and L150s). I've only got a year or two in the hobby.

(Another twist is I just picked up a JBL B460 that needs to be restored. I think I will need a separate amp to drive this? Spending $2k+ on a power amp now may not help if I need another amp in the future.)

Thanks for the advice,

Greg