Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Alesis M-EQ 230

flush/surface mt.

Quote Originally Posted by grumpy View Post
    with that much gain (25Vout/Vin), I would be surprised if the 2nd series EQ wasn't clipping fairly often
    at normal listening levels if the music program has much in the way of 15KHz energy. I don't recall if
    you've mentioned a test system (pink noise, RTA?), but it's possible to keep pushing up eq and not
    get more useful output. An oscilloscope function can help identify this sort of problem (sometimes comes
    with RTA-like programs).
    just for the record......radical return to a more NORMAL EQ was attained by simply
    wing paneling entire wall. (frt and rear spkrs) ....sound field focused in sweet....

Re-EQ

Quote Originally Posted by Fort Knox View Post
    just for the record......radical return to a more NORMAL EQ was attained by simply
    wing paneling entire wall. (frt and rear spkrs) ....sound field focused in sweet....
    Wing Paneling Entire wall ..means I now have 2 (120' sq) walls (wg/pnls) facing ea other..
    (like an inner room ...designed for a sound.. )
    w/surface mt. A7's in ea side firing back and forth to create a unique sound field..
    (both walls come alive as part of the speaker baffle ext. (and refct. from opp. wall)
    Adding Reverb further brings out recorded reverb info and puts you right in there
    depending on how you control the reverb type.....
    (this arrangement also seams to block out outside distraction ......and the old
    room is (was) the worst possible listening place.... w/duct work, pipes electric and a stairway
    up ...which now ..seams invisible..in the new mix........FK

Thread Information