Thread: Jbl d130, 075, n2400

Jbl d130, 075, n2400

Hey all! This is my first post so bare with me. I recently got a hold of a pair of brandless no name speakers from a mutual friend. I didnt think much of them but after a bit I took the backs off and was seriously surprised to see some mint condition JBL drivers and tweeters. They are custom boxes with 15" JBL d130 drivers, JBL 075 Bullet tweeters and JBL n2400 crossovers. Seen here http://imgur.com/a/W1PeS

My question is: Are they worth anything to keep together as a set? They are seriously massive so I dont really want to keep them even though they sound magnificent. What do you think I should I do with them? Ebay shows the parts are worth a little but the sale prices vary seeming randomly.

They're a pleasant combination to listen to. I'd open up the port a bit though.

Of course with that cabinet they're probably worth more parted out since the cabinets have little value. You're right, they are all over the map price-wise. Shipping is a pain for the D130s. The 2400s are possibly the least valuable crossover model as they are mostly used just in this 030 combination. Most folks adding the 075 want the N7000, and those adding a mid-range want the N1200 or other. They look in great shape. Put them on the Bay individually or as driver pairs, take good shots of them, pack them well, and take whatever they bring if you have no aural or nostalgic interest in them.

Or give them to me to make sure they have a good home. I have proper JBL boxes for them!

Might help if you list where you're located if you offer them here, or were you just asking questions of value to hawk them elsewhere?
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

Nice find Where in the US? You might get some interest here.

lol... At least you received agreeing responses

Im from western NY Rochester area if anyones interested. Im still debating keeping them or not which is why im trying to gauge how much money and effort theyre worth to sell ship ect vs keeping them vs selling them as party speakers on craigslist.

Nice find indeed, I have a pair of similar home made speakers but with 2135 instead of D130

Takes a big cabinet to sound good. Takes a small cabinet to sound bad. In a efficient bass drive sense that is.

I know there are exception to this, but nowhere near the efficiency of a d130. If it were me, someone could pry them from my cold dead hands.

Nick

selling them as party speakers on craigslist
    If the D130 have original paper surrounds, they are probably worth a lot. If cloth surround still valuable. Definately not a party speaker. Both for collectors, musicians and vintage hifi enthusiasts.

The tweeters are worth some for collectors. The sticker says "Craig" but definately for his list :-)

Mårten

An expert friend of mine says it is a paper surround on the D130. The 075 seems to be unopened, so the seal is probably still there making these colletors items. If you still have them in august I will make you an offer.

Quote Originally Posted by more10 View Post
    Definately not a party speaker.
    I'd beg to differ!
    Having owned mine in their JBL C37 cabinets for now over fifty years, I think I know them pretty well. In college they'd spend nearly every weekend on the back porch of our farm house playing to the Blue Ridge Mountains at full tilt to the enjoyment of all of our guest. They were the most important background to many parties and set the tone for every weekend. Well, that and the beer, and the weed . . .

I don't remember hearing any complaints about lack of bass or volume with an original faceplate-less Crown D150 I still have, too. Most rock music we listened to didn't really have accentuated bass back then (early '70s) or maybe we didn't know any better. They'd handle enough power that on one occasion I had to lift the Crown a bit to get air underneath it to prevent the thermal shut-off from kicking in. As I recall the D130 was good enough to power Woodstock, as well as the Grateful Dead for many years.
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

To me a party speaker is a speaker you don't have to be careful about.

To not care about those would be a big waste. If that's the case sell them to a fellow forum member. The will enjoy them.

Quote Originally Posted by more10 View Post
    An expert friend of mine says it is a paper surround on the D130. The 075 seems to be unopened, so the seal is probably still there making these colletors items. If you still have them in august I will make you an offer.
    I can deffinitaly hold onto them! PM me if you have a ballpark offer in mind. I would prefer to sell them to someone who cares about them than some rando that will trash a collectors item. They do still have the original paper surrounds

Quote Originally Posted by lukemckn View Post
    I can deffinitaly hold onto them! PM me if you have a ballpark offer in mind. I would prefer to sell them to someone who cares about them than some rando that will trash a collectors item. They do still have the original paper surrounds
    Wonder what shipping to Sweden runs!

I don't recall ever seeing a D130 with anything but paper surrounds? I have three and they're all that way. Anything else wouldn't be a D130, would it? Even the D130F was paper with dope treatment over it. Is there or was there ever an official JBL D130 or kit for one that used fabric or foam surrounds?

I believe D130 cones where dropped a long time ago. So JBL has supplied C8RE130 as replacement cone.

Shipping to Sweden will be quite expensive. But D130 and 075 in this condition are impossible to get here.

I decided to try selling them on here if anyones interested here is the posting http://www.audioheritage.org/vbullet...175#post348175

Thread Information